facebook Page - 'suggest to friend'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

I've be scouring the net looking for info about the facebook page 'suggest to friend' button. Does anyone know what the real story is? Where's it gone, what's happening with it?, will it be back? etc etc..

This what i've come up with....

1) ever since FB made changes to the new Page layout (coupe of weeks ago) they are trying to integrate it back into the page somehow. (eh don't think so)

2) There thinking this option may only be accessible to page admins (which would be crap)

3) There's talk of a new method being introduced (possibly a paid version, don't how that would work, if so)

Either it's a vital part of page fan growth!

Anyway your guess is as good as mine.....?

link8r

I don't think they're using a recommend button.

This is a general question I'm asking, and not intended at anyone. I do it - hands up!

I'll keep saying this until someone gives me a valid (or any) response: if you have a network and people recommend and send you stuff you're not interested in - its spam. I don't mean the illegal regulated type - I mean its irrelevant content at the wrong time.

I totally understand why you want it, but look at the flip side: If I just wanted to people to recommend and share my page so I could build up fans - sure, on the face of it it sounds good but what am I really going to achieve? A 0.16% click-back rate? How many people are going to be annoyed or put out at seeing my brand/logo/page?

What is a "fan" really - do they hold little candle-lit vigils in my brands honour?

Not too long ago, people used to design web pages with fancy widgets and cool tricks because they thought people would share it and pass it along. In other words they thought it might have a chance at a viral effect.

Too many of the pundits throwing out facebook commentary are looking at what the biggest brands do. So Coca Cola has a million fans. It's a tiny % of the more than what must be a billion people + who have drunk it. There is already a conversation about Coca cola.

MOH

I hate it as a user. I've had people suggest stuff to me before that's completely irrelevant to me. Tbh if the same person kept suggesting stuff to me all the time, I'd just de-friend them. It's no different to getting an e-mail saying 'so and so recommended us to you' - so? Except that people don't even think twice about it.

If a friend really wants to recommend something to me that they think is worthwhile they'll do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.