Features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
As this site runs vBulletin, which has to be the best forum software on the planet!, I was wondering if anyone wanted me to add any other features...

I'm open to suggestions

Gavin

From just joining I can already see you have all the features I like in a Forum, the urls in sigs, usernames for skype etc and the blog feed.

Is the forum Adsense sharing like DP? I need to look around more here to see if I can add any suggestions but it looks well to me ;)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's not adsense sharing at the moment. The vbulletin mod for that was taken offline around the time I went to implement it :mad:

Cormac

i tested this mod on my vbulletin before > http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94510&highlight=inferno

This once added to your forum allows you to connect to any RSS feed you desire, once set up the system will automatically post data from the RSS feed into threads within a specified forum.

Previews are available at the bottom, and an FAQ is built into the admin controls since I know not everyone will understand how to set up the options. Also an example to use a BBC UK News rss feed is below

I mentioned it before...i quite like it. I created a News Desk forum which received feeds from 4 music sites. That mod is for 3.5.4, i'm not sure if it will work on this release.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

Cormac

it's a bit of a disastor when mods don't work on upgrades....
i tired to install the "latest blog" mod that you used but it's only compatiable with 3.5.2 as far as i can remember. I'm trying to find the mod on vb.org at the moment to clarify....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Which version are you running?

I had to bludgeon the original code a small bit to get it working as far as I remember

georgiecasey

yeah, no-one makes anything on DP revenue sharing. if payouts are really low, you should remove adsense, it just slows down the site.

Gavin

I did remove it before for a couple of months but decided to place it back on last week. I think for it to work you really need to spam the board and thats why there are way too many crap posts starting to appear on DP.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of bigger forums tend to degenerate, though DP is a lot better than others

Status
Not open for further replies.