Firefox 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone run into any big issues with the latest release of Firefox? (Firefox 5)

A couple of the plugins / addons I was using aren't compatible, which is a bit annoying, but beyond that I haven't run into anything major yet

K

Kieran

I find it marginally faster but started using Chrome a year or so back and it is so much lighter to use. I used to love Firefox for all the add ons and some of them are still great (Firebug on it is the best version) but it loads too slow and it still feels clunky to me even with the latest version.

Haven't opened IE for over 3 years in anger

M@rc

I have not upgraded yet due to plug-ins issue, but planning to soon on all of my computers.

I've heard that it's faster than version 4, ;)

MOH

I've found myself using Chrome more and more lately, been finding Firefox slower, even after upgrading to 4 and then 5.
Given the frequency with which it hangs on me, I'm assuming there's something like a dodgy plugin causing issues, but I've wasted enought time trying to track it down

[edit]
Don't know if it's related, but after my core temp hit 94C yesterday I took the laptop apart and found the main vent completely blocked with dust. Everything's a lot better behaved since I cleared it out, FF included.

Moral: Avoid FF5, it clogs your vents with dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.