flash or alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

have been planning on getting flash for a while now - i had this idea it was around 300 quid - where did i get that idea :eek: - anyway i wont actually be using it that much so i wont be forking out €850 just now i'd say .... but i need something to do basic stuff like image fades and slideshows and text fading in and out and moving text and that type of stuff - i had a look at swish - does anybody use it - or are there any other suggestions

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Swish was popular last time I checked (though that was ages ago!)

nevf

Swish was popular last time I checked (though that was ages ago!)
a year ago, I had it on my old laptop... RAM was extremely crap, so i never had ample opportunity to have a go at it, but it seemed to be "in style" back then... I'd say it still is...

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Swish would probably be my recommendation.

For creating demo's there is a free screen to Flash app whos name eludes me at the moment.

Unless you're doing some serious work with flash or get it as part of Adobe Create Suite ... I'd stick to swish for the time being.

You should be able to get a 30 day trial at the least to see how you like the full package .. just make sure you've some time to devote to it.

F

fantastvik

have been planning on getting flash for a while now - i had this idea it was around 300 quid - where did i get that idea :eek: - anyway i wont actually be using it that much so i wont be forking out €850 just now i'd say .... but i need something to do basic stuff like image fades and slideshows and text fading in and out and moving text and that type of stuff - i had a look at swish - does anybody use it - or are there any other suggestions
depends what version you want. as far as my knowledge goes if you want to use flash for 2D its fine. but for 3D Flash 10 was introduced. but it ended up being an utter disappointment. if you have a 2D animation requirement then fgo for Flash and if #D i would suggest a free tool called QuantumHog. it is an editor for making 3D web applications. it uses 3DMLW language and it is as easy as making HTML site. all the easy drag and drop features are available in it.
It is absolutely free and you can even modify it

F

fantastvik

try them and you will really enjoy using them. btw does anybody here knows how to animation on the web?

F

fantastvik

well, my quest for searching and trying for different web animation software's is still going on...i devoted some time and finally found this site with a fine example of 3dmlw editor QuantumHog.
Free web templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.