Fonts and fadas

Status
Not open for further replies.

johned

Does anybody know what font is used in the attached image. Also how do I get a fada over an letter.

johned

Bookman old style is close but still not got an exact match.. Its driving me up the flippin wall now..

jennyrusks

Don't know if I'm having a wierd bout of patriotism but I always thinks Irish looks such a beautiful language, particularly in the old font. (was just looking at the example on the page Johned linked to), but even in the modern style.

Went to see Des Bishop the other night and he was talking a lot about learning Irish - very witty and observant guy. I left thinking " I should have paid more attention in Irish class".

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Went to see Des Bishop the other night and he was talking a lot about learning Irish - very witty and observant guy. I left thinking " I should have paid more attention in Irish class".

Its actually one of my biggest regrets not having paid more attention in irish class :D ... we had an AMAZING teacher as well ... I just think too many years of different teachers ... all teaching at different levels and never getting to practice was a really bad thing.

(especially with my business name)

There is a free Gaeilge font I believe ... that is quite nice

cgarvey

Have you tried the likes of WhatTheFont : MyFonts (there are a few similar sites)? It can be hit and miss, but they have found some obscure fonts for me (which are almost as hard to find once you identify them!)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I actually threw it into that and it was pretty miss for my liking

They seem to have increased the amount of fonts in their database and it seems very inaccurate these days to me (at least for the last few fonts I tried figuring out)

Status
Not open for further replies.