For Sale: Apple MacBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtermilkJack

I will have an Apple MacBook available for sale very shortly. Just thought I'd throw out the specs and see if anyone is interested before I advertise it to a wider audience...

Apple MacBook (v1,1) White
13.3" LCD (1280x800)
2GHz Intel Core Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2 x 512MB)
2MB L2 Cache
80GB 5400rpm HDD
Intel GMA 950 64MB Shared Graphics Memory
DVD/CD Writer (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW)
Bluetooth/Infra-Red
1 x Firewire 400
2 x USB 2.0
Ethernet
Built-In iSight Camera
Remote Control

Still haven't got around to taking photos yet but I will do asap if anyone's interested! It was bought in Dec '06. Price-wise, I'm thinking €800-ish? It's in great condition and the battery has plenty of life left as it was replaced earlier this year.

Any questions just PM and I'll do my best to get back to you asap (quite busy these days and not getting a chance to visit the site often enough!).

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Warranty?

Which version of Os X is included?

Cormac

800 is a bit optimistic, the same MB but with a better processor (< DVD RW) is only an extra 200 euro new on applestore.ie.
I'd say you'd be lucky to sell it for 650.

ButtermilkJack

Warranty?

Which version of Os X is included?
Usual 12-month warranty, which is just about up now as I bought in Dec '06. OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) installed. All cds etc included.

800 is a bit optimistic, the same MB but with a better processor (< DVD RW) is only an extra 200 euro new on applestore.ie.
I'd say you'd be lucky to sell it for 650.
Yeah I did another quick search of the net just now and I agree, maybe slightly high, but I'm open to offers. I reckon it's worth more than 650 though, it's in great condition.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think my sister might be interested .... I'll see if I can track her down today

TheMenace

I'm going to drive a hard bargain and offer you €600 for it.

PS - I wouldn't need the Mouse, Keyboard or Notebook Case so you could hang onto them...

paul

Ninja
At the current rate that the dollar is at I think I will hold off for a trip to the US to get my MacBook.

How much does the extra Mac Memory DIMMs work out at ?

TheMenace

At the current rate that the dollar is at I think I will hold off for a trip to the US to get my MacBook.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm not planning on a trip to the States anytime soon. Would need to give my brother instructions on what to collect.

ButtermilkJack

I'm going to drive a hard bargain and offer you €600 for it.

PS - I wouldn't need the Mouse, Keyboard or Notebook Case so you could hang onto them...
If you made that €650 I would certainly be interested in that offer for the MacBook itself. In the interest of fairness, I should hang on a while to see if Michele comes back with an offer!

If you are going to buy new, don't get the memory from Apple. 4GB from them is an extra €810!! You can get it from crucial.com for around €135 at current dollar rates.

TheMenace

If you made that €650 I would certainly be interested in that offer for the MacBook itself. In the interest of fairness, I should hang on a while to see if Michele comes back with an offer!
Fair game. I'm not going to go over €600 but the offer is still open. You can get a brand new one in the US for €240 more - with Leopard. Which is what I will probably do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software