Forum Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone wants me to add new forums please request it here.

I'll be more than happy to add more forums as the number of active members grow etc.,

Cormac

Blog Forum Request

A feature of vbulletin 3.6 allows you to take RSS feeds from sites and have them appear as threads in a forum.

What do you think of having a Blog Forum where members blog posts are automatically featured on the forum?

It would turn a forum into a blog aggregator.

Cormac

There is a link in the admin nav bar for 'add new rss'
you need to put in the information there, things like which forum the feed will appear in and what username to give to the poster and the url of the feed all that kind of lark. You can setup multiple feeds so then you can have a feed setup under each persons username.

I haven't used this exact one but i did use Inferno RSS (i think that is the name) and it worked fairly well but the built in vb one looks better because it can handle bbcode and html.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm

I'm not 100% sure if I'd want to do that. I'd have no issue with setting up a separate "planet" such as planet.irishwebmasterforum.com using a proper blog aggregator script

What do you think?

Cormac

it can do no harm and it would be a good feature to have webmaster syndication on here

(you have an excuse now to post on boards again about the IWF :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.