Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

Hi all

I'm snowed under recently, so Ive been referring work out to a few people.

I get a lot of requests which I either cant fulfil or slip under my personal radar for project type.

I always like to refer people on, so if you'd like to be considered for this please drop me a mail or PM. Nothing requested in return, but I wont refer unless I believe that you can supply a quality service.

Rgds
Richard

3rigena

out of interest, what types of of SEO are you referring people for?

I see SEO as a 3 part thing..

- analysis
- on-site fixing etc.
- offsite SEO (which I don't offer as a service)

I tend to avoid offering the latter as a service, but obviously long-term client relationships can be winners if you have the time/inclination.

rgds
niall

RedCardinal

out of interest, what types of of SEO are you referring people for?

I see SEO as a 3 part thing..

- analysis
- on-site fixing etc.
- offsite SEO (which I don't offer as a service)

I tend to avoid offering the latter as a service, but obviously long-term client relationships can be winners if you have the time/inclination.

rgds
niall
Funny, I generally advise people to run from anyone who doesn't do off-site.
Without off-site all but the least competitive niches are insurmountable.

Types of work is generally entry to mid level. Brochure sites. Some transactional.

From the sounds of things you focus on architecture, and while I'm a big IA and architecture fan, I personally think that the best SEOs are advising on traffic generation and conversion optimisation. 99% of all my work these days is transactional projects.

To everyone who PM'd etc - I'll respond within a day or two (when I get a minute to follow up). Thanks for the responses.

3rigena

I personally think that the best SEOs are advising on traffic generation and conversion optimisation.

Completely agree- however advising on it and doing it are very different - i certainly offer recommendations to clients as part of my analysis (I do an on-site analysis and see how their off-site SEO is - if they actually have any- and offer weighted recommendations for what to do..).. whether they bother to take my advice is totally up to them. :)

RedCardinal

Completely agree- however advising on it and doing it are very different - i certainly offer recommendations to clients as part of my analysis (I do an on-site analysis and see how their off-site SEO is - if they actually have any- and offer weighted recommendations for what to do..).. whether they bother to take my advice is totally up to them. :)
In my experience, even tech-savvy clients rarely have the where with all to implement link building campaigns.

Generally the folk who get in touch with me are looking for full implementation.

Trojan

Hi all,

I'll piggy back on Richard's thread here because we're also fully booked out with SEO work for the next few months.

I'd love to have a pool of "trusted competitors" - people who I can refer enquiries on to and be assured that my recommendation will not reflect badly on us. If you are interested, please send me a PM and I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
Alastair.

paul

Ninja
It's hard to detect sarcasm on a forum even if someone puts in a smilie ;).

Let's say I know enough about SEO, and to take care of all the factors like proper markup/site layout/quality in links/analysis with google analytics/keyword tools/etc so should I call myself a SEO ?

Trojan

No need for WWIII over a smiley ;)

SERPs are doing ok but my long tail sucks because I haven't been blogging half enough.

glengara

SEO can bring the horse to water but you're then dependent on factors outside your control, and not many clients give the SEO the level of control that might warrant a performance/sales related fee, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.