Fusion Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo

Just came across a great program, it's a project management app called Fusion Desk. I've been playing with it today and think I might invest in it (80 bucks). Has anyone else tried it or do you use something similar? Or do most of ye just not bother with these sort of programs?

features/screenshots

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
As it's windows based it wouldn't be of much use to us :)

Half our staff use Linux desktops!

enzo

There's bound to be linux alternatives. Do ye use anything similar? Are ye organised at all in that place?? :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The cheek!! :)

There are a lot of web based solutions that can be used.

We're currently working on getting the sales team actively using Sugar CRM and now that we have a fulltime programmer inhouse hopefully we'll be able to get a lot more done :)

enzo

I suppose a web based app solves the platform problem. I was really impressed with the FD interface, it's a nice easy to use app.

Someone mentioned they use Netvibes in their office ... i'm not mad about it so far.

I want to find an app that I can stick with long term for tracking projects. I wrote one of my own in PHP but it's very limited.

How do you rate Sugar so far? It looks very comprehensive, pricey though (for an individual).

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's an open source version which is perfectly adequate :)

I started messing about with it about 2 years ago or so and was very impressed with the features it had at the time.

Since then the core software has been improved vastly and the plugin developers have been extremely active.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's also a growing collection of open source extensions / plugins on sugarforge

I posted a bit about SugarCRM on my blog in the past.. so if you do a search you might find something useful

YMMV

JiriNovotny

Hi Enzo,

I am an author of a similar piece of software caled Swift To-Do List, you might want to check it out. It is probably not as powerful, but it has it's merits too. We offer free lite version as well.

I hope that this post is not inappropriate.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.