General Election 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

So now that the country is officially in election mode what are peoples thoughts on who they would like to see in "power" and why? Is anyone going to give a vote to Fianna Fail or the Greens? Do Labour or Fianna Gael inspire any confidence?

link8r

I keep watching to see what the parties offer in terms of job creation, internet access, reform of the Enterprise Development Agencies.

Most critical is reform of the Quango's (VHI - and their role in causing higher health care costs) , a better education system (look to Finland to start but also to innovate), electricity (selling off/breaking up ESB to get some realistic electricity pricing, allow windmills into the grid).

I shudder when I hear things like "we've identified 150k jobs..." which they all paraded on this weeks Prime Time (or was it Frontline?). Really, where were those, under a carpet ?

Dara

I have zero confidence in any of the parties.

Ditto. All useless and respinning the same old spin. Its a pity that the party David McWilliams, Eamon Dunphy, Shane Ross and other high profile figures were trying to establish didn't take off. They had a lot of the peices of the jigsaw in place and would have been a real thorn in the side of the establishment but the fact that the election was called earlier than they anticipated made it a non runner-for now anyway.

All this talk of re-negociating the EU/IMF deal is a load of complete rubbish. We need someone strong enough to say we are defaulting and be dambed.

Status
Not open for further replies.