General Hosting questions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbee

How much should I charge for hosting and maintenance ?

Does 20Euros per month for a standard 'web brochure' site seem excessive ?

I normally run my own dedicated servers for my own apps, but if I'm hosting third party sites, it might just be more convenient to go with one of the reseller programs with a cert and domain software installed.

What do people on here do, for hosting solutions ? What's the best reseller ? How much do you charge ?

Cheers

enzo

How much should I charge for hosting and maintenance ?

Does 20Euros per month for a standard 'web brochure' site seem excessive ?

For even €10 per month i'd expect a **** hot hosting package. It depends what you are offering and how much it's gonna cost you to run it.

p.s. I pay $119 per year and get quite a bit for that. And I consider that 'not cheap'. There's a lot of good hosts charging less.

hosting365

20 Euro would be at the 'extremely' expensive end of the market. That said it depends on who you are selling to. As part of an overall maintenance package, it's not that bad, and 240 a year isn't exactly big money, even for a small company.

dbee

If you were going to charge for maintenance, would you want to be running that server yourself ?

When I think of maintenance, I think of css fixing for new browsers like IE7 that kinda thing. Maybe some smaller site content updates.

Would you charge a maintenance fee if you didn't run the server that the site is hosted on ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what you are willing to do for your clients and what they are capable of doing themselves.

Companies such as ourselves offer hosting with a lot more options for less than 40 euro / year.

For 10 euro / month you'd have to be offering a lot more "hand holding" than a "normal" hosting company unless you were offering a lot more features

dude

Yeah it really depends on the client. Obviously an 18 year old and a business would have a different opinion on whether €20 per month is a lot of money.

Personally I don't mind paying extra for peace of mind.

At the end of the day, if your clients have a problem with €12 per month versus €15 per month, they're probably going to be a pain in the arse when it comes to support...

Status
Not open for further replies.