Getting PHP features enabled on a shared host...possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason

Hi, I am in the middle of some work that includes consuming some remote webservices using PHP. The client/consumer codebase currently resides on Hosting/Register365 Shared unix servers and I noticed that I couldn't create an instance of SoapClient.

So I called phpinfo() and noticed that Soap is not listed as an available feature. Does this simply mean that I cannot use SOAP with webservices from this host? is there a way that I can enable it on my account myself? If not, do you think the server admins would have it enabled for me (just on my account).

I don't want to have to upgrade to a VPS hosting package in this case just so I can apt-get install [packages] myself.

Any way around this, or am I out of luck?

Any advise/help appreciated ;)

niall

Normally PHP will need to be recompiled in order to add support for Soap, and it's highly unlikely that you will have the level of access. R365 might be willing to recompile the PHP on the server your site is on if you ask.

Being totally biased, I know the shared hosting on Blacknight has Soap included (I work with Blacknight)

Niall.

Status
Not open for further replies.