Status
Not open for further replies.

jelenitza

Well, I would choose to ignore them as many people do, but as we are a company and not individual I'm afraid that they will pursue this matter further and take us to court.

That's why I was asking if anyone received the letter much before us (we got it in August the first time) and do they give up sending letters eventually and did they ever take anyone to court over this..

Lottoplus

I got one of these letters in the post to-day:mad:

It was for a thumbnail picture 100px x 89px and I could barely make out any detail from there copy and I wasn't even hosting the picture it was hot linked from another site!!.

So what do I do? at the moment my gut reaction is to ignore everything they decide to send me. And even if I have to go to court, there is this small matter of preparing and proving their case. Is Getty Images (based in Seattle) really going to hire an attorney and sue me in Ireland over a €1,215? Perhaps they will sue for more.

But for what damages? Punitive damages? You want to punish someone for doing something they did not intend to do or know it was even occurring? Those attorney fees might get expensive trying to sue an individual in different countries and I didn't even host the picture.

I'm not really worried and feel like sending them an email to this effect as the letter wasn't registered they have no proof I received it and I class them as an extortion scam.

Anybody else any similar experiences and what outcome they had?

Status
Not open for further replies.