Status
Not open for further replies.

3rsales

If you are reading this you are probably a seasoned user of the internet and someone who may rate themselves at least as good as anyone else in respect of their opinion on how good sites are.

First impressions count, and you will have had your fair share of them, and even if you are not looking to, grow your business substantially, you may wish to give your feedback on my website. '3r.ie'

Good and bad, your views are important, since everybody is looking to grow their business, I would love to know the relevance of this site to you or a freind who needs to become successful now.

Please take a look and tell me what you think - do you believe that growing your business now is important and is it clear that this site will help you grow now.

many thanks, Peter

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Peter

How blunt do you want us to be?

paul

Ninja
I'll be blunt....
  1. first things I would get rid of this :
    it looks like a kid did it.
  2. this image is also unnecessary
  3. Replace the profile pics of people with professional mugshots.
  4. 3R Sales and Marketing consultants are among members of the following associations:
    that should be kept to the about page.
  5. use the gray bar on the LEFT hand side too. To give some continuity.
  6. this image doesn't really do anything for me. Is this your company logo ??
  7. don't use blogger for your blogs ... 3R Sales and Marketing Network
  8. the scrolling news section is just annoying.
  9. navigation bar at the top isn't so nicely laid out.
  10. http://www.3r.ie/images/bg_head_up3.jpg this image , is it you and your team ? Maybe it would be better to have something like pictures of peoples faces. And the tag line, "Enjoy Success growing your business" , the word enjoy really confuses me. Maybe I am a bit pessimistic about growing my business ;)
All in all it doesn't look professional, was it designed in house ? If I were you I would pay a few €k and get a more experience developer.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
At least I wasn't the first to fire :)

The question I have to ask is what are you trying to do?

There is far too much information on the main page of the site. It might be nice for a spider, but a mere mortal won't take in most of it. Break it out into separate pages.

There's no focus on the main page - it makes me think of one of those awful pyramid schemes. Lots of stupid annoying flashy text and no real content.

Why are you forcing me to scroll so much?

Do we really need your mugshots on the main page? If I want to find out what you look like why not put it on an "About" page or something

Overall I get the impression that it was either slapped together by someone who hasn't got a clue or grew organically and needs to be seriously trimmed

dude

...even if you are not looking to grow your business substantially...since everybody is looking to grow their business...who needs to become successful now...growing your business now is important and is it clear that this site will help you grow now.

I haven't even look at the website yet, but from your post I'm expecting it to be one of those websites with text in bold and other text in italic and some text in other colours telling me how I can grow my business for only $99.

OK - now to the actual site -

It kind of looks like the homepage for a cult. I do want to grow my business, but I would not trust a website like that. Too much action and nonsense on the page.

Sorry :(

EDIT: PS I just wanted to say, making a website takes time and lots and lots of tweaks. Don't get disheartened by our replies, you'll get it right and will be glad for this bit of short term pain :)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
my opinions ....

Its all over the place ... lines aren't matching up ... styles are a bit all over the place as well ... colours are ... "interesting" ...

as was said the mountain thing the guy is climbing does look like a 3 year old did it ...

The start of your main menu as well looks weird ...

The image on your header looks strange ...

Your main logo looks blurred ...

the scrolling ticker is annoying as **** .... at least if you're going to do that .. have it stop scrolling when I hover over it ...

Your front page has WAY too much info ... on it .. I mean ... where am I meant to look ... you want a nice clean professional marketing style image giving your 3 key points or something on the front page and a few small links to other pages ...

Why on earth are all your staff on the front page. .. is this not a who we are page ...

As I said .. your images feel a bit all over the place ... I really don't like the guy climbing the mountain ... also the weird little flags that the guys are holding on top of the page = ???

3rsales

Thanks for your blatant honesty

I agree with a lot of what you said - I personally would drop the bottom half - the about me sh1te and the associations - in fact will do - you have hit some interesting points I must agree - It has been very successful for me - and I am always looking to make it more so - the people who do like my site are willing to spend money so that has to be OK.

I probably will do some cosmetic thingies in the future, but content is king they say!

Interesting point about the guys who sell products for $79 on their sites, pretty crap, lots of text I agree, funny thing is, many of them are multi-millionaires - but hey who cares - their sites look crap, full of text!!

see I am allowed to rant back - but hey some great points and I will take them on board - thanks guys...Peter

paul

Ninja
Interesting point about the guys who sell products for $79 on their sites, pretty crap, lots of text I agree, funny thing is, many of them are multi-millionaires - but hey who cares - their sites look crap, full of text!!
like this site of yours ... Agel.ie-Agel Ireland

I was once thinking of having a firefox extension that alerted users to the fact that a page was a sales page due to the fact it contained some text with a yellow background as a way of a highlight :D

3rsales

It Sure is

It is about testing - yeh, you all agree about testing!

Well this is one of those sites, and yes there are lots of people interested and I am doing this one for charity - the site says 50% will go to charity - well it all will go there - but that is an other thing.

if 95% of the population hate it in the world - it still leaves an awful lot of people who might like it - stand to reason - hence those guys are millionaires - now I do know it is tacky - but if you want to bait a hook, remember, you don't always put YOUR favorite food on the hook - you put worms and stuff that fish like!!!!

TheMenace

It's like anything else. If you want the job done properly and you value the reputation of your business, get a professional to do your website for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.