Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

They sent out sponsorship details today
Sponsor a category, get a free entry and award of your choice? :) I have no respect for the Golden Spiders, its organisers or the technological or business expertise of its "judges". It was a farce. It is a farce. It will always be just a nasty money-making farce.

Regards...jmcc

RedCardinal

15. Best Retail & Home Shopping website
Criteria: Judging will be based on how well the website retails products or services to an on-line audience. Key factors that will be considered include design, content, navigation, content, technology, functionality, interactivity and ease of use.
So the trick with that one is to publish everything twice - surefire way to win the award.

Complete tripe in terms of award criteria again this year. Methinks it's time to dream up something that will really show them up this year...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Haha. I see Ripe.ie have nominated themselves. I wonder is there a category for best Template Monster knock off?

Click on the name and you'll see what they've been nominated for :)

Maybe GoldenSpiders could be nominated in the same category?

wannabe

Golden Spiders

Folks, judging by posts from last year it seems the spider awards are a bit of a scam. The Golden Spiders site itself doesn't validate so I was wondering if there's been an update on what awards - if any - are there to give some recognition to companies that are really trying to be 'good' at using a web site for their business?

Our clients have spent some money trying to get it right and provide something a bit more useful than a brochure and we were hoping to submit them to some kind of award that basically encourages this kind of thinking.

ph3n0m

Folks, judging by posts from last year it seems the spider awards are a bit of a scam. The Golden Spiders site itself doesn't validate so I was wondering if there's been an update on what awards - if any - are there to give some recognition to companies that are really trying to be 'good' at using a web site for their business?

Our clients have spent some money trying to get it right and provide something a bit more useful than a brochure and we were hoping to submit them to some kind of award that basically encourages this kind of thinking.

Are you talking about websites that actually use standards complianet code?

Short answer - no (unless someone wants to correct me), there is no official awards like the golden spiders that rewards websites for using standards compliant code or general good practice.

daviddoran

Big improvement design wise I think, much easier on the eye and it's easier to respect the awards when the website doesn't look so shoddy. I'll withhold any criticism, of which I don't have all that much, since the website was done externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.