Google+ and SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a lot of the SEO people are trying to work out how much (if any) impact Google plus can have on search engine rankings . ..

I've also seen at least one business setup a business profile :)

davidbrett

We are going to hear a lot about this in the coming weeks. Like most updates to Google I am sure that this will have some impact on search rankings however it will be overhyped without doubt.

Michael Brookes

I believe the Google +1 button will, human edited search results, no need to hire an army of web slaves to do the job of manual scoring if your general user will do it for you free of charge...makes sense in my head that Google +1 will factor into search ranking.

Also, if there were two results (say 1st and 2nd) the result in position 1 has 3 +1's, the result in position 2 has 250 +1's...I know which result I would click on.

So from an SEO perspective it is likely to have quite an impact.....eventually...

LeadRival

I'm still a bit unsure about the overall effect of this. But I just had it added to one of my sites. I think Google will have to find somewhat of an aggregate +1 score if they decide to list this besides rankings. Simply because we in the SEO field will find quick ways of spamming this within our own circles. I'm thinking they will see how many DIFFERENT circles have +1'd a site, article, etc. and then rank from there. Finding ways to have somebody +1 a site is equivalent to finding ways to having someone link to your site. It's still the same SEO we've been doing for years now, just with a different face. (in my opinion)

ziycon

+1 tracks all the +1 clicks on your account so I'm sure that Google will have either an automated function or manual one where they can spot spammy accounts from affecting the overall clicks for a particular page or site.

Status
Not open for further replies.