Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone is interested?

I'm currently studying to be Google Certified & like with anything when it comes to self-study it can be hard sometimes to get motivated.

I'm thinking of setting up a Google study group (non profit) if anyone is interested in joining me. I generally go to Tallaght library every Saturday from 10am - 4pm. I've already completed SEO Basics & Half way Through Fundamentals.

The criteria consists of the following: Each individual must completed 'Fundamentals' then choose one of the following Adwords, Display Advertising or Analytics to become Google Individual certified.

Should anyone be interested in joining me I can create a study plan that we must stick to with realistic deadlines as to a finish date. I'd imagine it will take about 2-3 months total to complete fundamentals & one of the main aspects:) Once we are completed studying we must take 2 tests to become Google Individual Certified - Google Charge $50 per test.

*This would suit people who are already working in the online industry or those who are unemployed & are looking to enter the online marketing industry :)

*I have lots of printing contacts & can have the documents printed & bound at cost price. Each document is about 90pages A4 front and back with text & i can have them wirebound.

*Times and location are also flexible :)

*As we will be studying in a public area I'd imagine the 'class' could only be about 4 people.

This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to learn / up-skill / study for FREE. I'm sure a course like this would cost 100's even 1000's.

*Please note: I have no affiliation to any course provider nor am I a Google Certified Trainer. (I'm Just looking to set up a study group with one goal in mind to become Google Certified).

Please Leave a comment below, PM me here, see my website or e-mail me info@glenquinn.me for further information.

Thanks a mill.

Glen.

raul

Wanted to do this 2 or 3 years ago but got lazy after . Now I'm just lacking time but is a good idea - might motivate me. Keeping an eye on this thread .

ryanoryan

Hi Bober,

I'm not in Dublin so wouldn't be interested in the study group, but would be interested in finding out more about the google certification.
Is there a specific book/course you can follow?

Satanta

Is there a specific book/course you can follow?
In this case, Bober is speaking about taking the test to become individually qualified in Google AdWords. The first place to start is with the AdWords learning center. After that throw in the various webmaster videos relating to the topic, plenty of hands on experience using the system and the information you'd gain reading relevant blogs and fora and you should be fine in passing both the fundamental and the advanced exams. It's not 'difficult' (imho it should be far more difficult to allow clients figure out the cream of the crop) if you use the system regularly, but do put in a little effort to ensure you don't get caught out on some of the more obtuse questions as the pass mark is pretty high.

I'm not sure what your aim was, but might as well mention that you could also look at gaining the Google Analytics Individual Qualification. Here, all of the study material is available through the conversion university (well worth going through both the adwords and analytics training material even if you never intend to sit the exams).

ryanoryan

In this case, Bober is speaking about taking the test to become individually qualified in Google AdWords. The first place to start is with the AdWords learning center. After that throw in the various webmaster videos relating to the topic, plenty of hands on experience using the system and the information you'd gain reading relevant blogs and fora and you should be fine in passing both the fundamental and the advanced exams. It's not 'difficult' (imho it should be far more difficult to allow clients figure out the cream of the crop) if you use the system regularly, but do put in a little effort to ensure you don't get caught out on some of the more obtuse questions as the pass mark is pretty high.

I'm not sure what your aim was, but might as well mention that you could also look at gaining the Google Analytics Individual Qualification. Here, all of the study material is available through the conversion university (well worth going through both the adwords and analytics training material even if you never intend to sit the exams).

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for.

I don't work in the SEO/Internet Marketing area full time, but have started to take much more of an interest in it in the past 6 months. Have done a lot of research and learning on the SEO side of things so now looking to find out more about the marketing side of the game.

I'm looking at maybe setting up a few small affiliate sites just to try and get a feel for things as I think the best way to learn is to give it a shot and learn from experience. Having a certification to aim for is always good to focus the mind (for me at least).

Satanta

Having a certification to aim for is always good to focus the mind (for me at least).
In your situation (not working in the industry directly) I can't see you getting any value out of the exams themselves (they're only $50 a go, so not huge expense, but what would you gain?), the actual certification, but I'd definitely suggest working through the material for both. It's quite well structured and while it doesn't go into full detail on various topics, certainly gives you a great overview of both.

jeffscott

I'm wondering that you must be Google certified in some job hiring companies and it can be manipulated on the real time examination by searching the right terms at the same time. For me its the knowledge and experience that counts when it comes to job. Just saying.

Intentsports

The Google Ads certification is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of Google Ads. a Google Ads certification allows individuals to demonstrate that Google recognizes them as an expert in online advertising. You can earn the certification through Academy for Ads, Google's online training program.

This article explains the benefits of getting certified, how to get certified, and how to communicate your certification status with others.

newlooksales

Google AdWords Certification

Google AdWords certification is a process by which Google recognizes marketers as experts in online advertising. After passing two AdWords certification exams, individuals get a personalized certificate and appear on a Google Partners public profile page.

Like many Google products, properties, and initiatives, the program has evolved over the years.

The certification program used to be a standalone program and had a cost attached to taking exams. That changed with the creation of the Google Partners program.

Individual certification still works in very much the same way it did a few years ago. However, being exclusively offered within the Google Partners program can be confusing for individuals and students who aren’t currently working for or affiliated with a Google Partner agency.

Certification has become a minimum or expected requirement even for entry-level search marketing roles for agencies and corporations over the years.

Even when I hire someone that will go through our training program, knowing that they were willing to invest time and see the importance of taking the step of getting certified is crucial.

Having that base level of subject matter exposure from Google is much more specific than what a school text book can provide on how Google AdWords works.

On top of that, there’s value in being able to affiliate that individual who is already certified with my company Google Partner account as well.

This step-by-step guide provides a walkthrough of how to get AdWords certified in the current Google Partner program as it can be a confusing process when doing it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.