Status
Not open for further replies.

johned

Hi i have owned a domain for a few years but it has been parked with slowdaddy for the last year. I set up a new site on it about 3 weeks ago now and used social bookmarking, sitemap ect to try and get google to recrawl it. On webmaster central my other sites are being crawled ok every 3 or 4 days but this one seems to be ignored.

it says the last time they crawled it was on the 20th jan 07 although it still has a bit of pr.They have picked up one page which is new but not the index page.

Has anyone experienced this before after bringing a domain out of parking?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I had issues with a domain at one stage. None of the bots noticed it for several weeks. Then it sorted itself out :)

louie

have you any links pointing at the website?
have you submitted a sitemap?
do you have unique content?

johned

I have backlinks , sitemap and still have a page rank of 1 i have also gathered a few more links this week.

Just noticed google has indexed every page of my site appart from the index page today and im starting to get traffic from them for fairly competitive keywords so im not blacklisted, sandboxed or anything.

Aparently they update roughly every 3 months and by my calculations that will be very soon so maybe it will sort itself out then.

Thanks for your replies.

louie

Aparently they update roughly every 3 months and by my calculations that will be very soon so maybe it will sort itself out then.
That is not correct. Depends how often Google spider your website, but the data updates daily.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
That is not correct. Depends how often Google spider your website, but the data updates daily.

As louie said it updates pretty regularly I've made posts before that appear instantly ....

You migh be confusing the 3 month thing with PageRank ... which is rather stranger

johned

Sorry the page rank update is what i meant going from past experience i have suddenly ranked a lot higher after this but maybe thats coincidence. Anyway now all my pages have been indexed and webmaster central still says the last time they visited was january the 30th 2007 so maybe that takes a day or two to update.
Cheers john.

Status
Not open for further replies.