Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitePhantom

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so apologies if it isn't.

I have set up a Google Places listing for a client, Classique and Gourmet Wines, who are an importer / distributor of French wines. I verified the listing on 13th June, and so far there are zero impressions. No matter what I do a search for in Google, their listing doesn't show up.

I've set up a number of Places listings for clients and have never had a problem before, so I just don't understand why this particular one is not showing up.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

J.

K

Kieran

Does it show up when you search in maps.google.com?

WhitePhantom

Only when I search very specifically - if I do a search for 'classique and gourmet wines, wexford, ireland' it will show up. Anything less specific than that and it won't.

K

Kieran

Have a look at your Google Places listing again it might need some tailoring in the different sections. I have seen what you mention in the past and it is a mixture of time and really forensically going through your listing to make sure that you have everything. There are a lot of good blog posts out there with some good tips on how to optimise your Google Places.

It is time well spent though with local figuring prominently in search.

WhitePhantom

Thanks Kieran,

I've looked at it again and again, and followed various tips - I just feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall!

If it was the first and only one I'd done that would be one thing, but I followed the same strategy with the others and they were getting impressions the next day - one has 1121 impressions in the last 30 days, another (more niche market) has 188 in the last 30 days.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to review it some more and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,
J.

K

Kieran

I know what you mean. I have used a spreadsheet and just plugged in the competition for the same niche into each field of the Google Places options and looked really closely at how they structurer their options and slowly and methodically make a change - test - make a change - test and of course some wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.