Google Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

This is cool, Google Shopping

Came across it the other day, lets you search products. Has a nice price comparison feature from a couple of sources. Good if you sell products to get them listed :)

The speedy comparison is impressive but I would have expected Google however to know based on the fact im already logged in that Id rather see € by default rather than $. Also noticed that for example if Amazon is presented as first on the list and you click, its taking you to .com and only then when on .com Amazon tells you to try the UK site. Double checked my Google profile and all in order for Ireland location. Hmmmmmm disappointing that.

bober

It's still in beta, i'd say these issues will be resolved - considering Google is all about localised search now.

Satanta

So why does it say in Beta - does this not mean 'work in progress as such'
It's been around in various forms for a decade (Froogle officially launched in 2002 but had been available in beta before that), but the current incarnation is 'beta', undergoing a lot of (dynamic and fast paced) changes and picking up a lot of steam.

The biggest issue it has is the confusion around the name(s)... Product Search, Shopping, Base and Merchant Centre all used almost interchangeably when discussing it. There are subtle differences there, but it can be hard to keep track of the latest changes and ensure the correct terminology is being used.

It's still a relatively restricted group of target markets, but I'd expect to see it rolled out in .ie and other English language Google properties in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.