Googles New Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on the new layout on Google results. Personally don't like it at all....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a chance to form a strong opinion on it as yet.
I like some of the options on the search results page - I think a lot of them were there previously, but there was more clicking around ..

MOH

Odd, I'd read about it yesterday but didn't notice it on earlier searches today.

Bit of a nuisance since I'm used to 'pages from ireland' being under the search box, btu that's just a matter of getting used to it.

The one thing I think is really badly done is the way the options are presented in groups in blue, with the first option selected by default, in black and bold.
At first glance, it looks as if that's a heading for that option group, rather than the currently selected option.

Would have been clearer if they actually put a heading on each group, or tweaked the colour scheme a bit. Even now I know how it works it still looks wrong to me.

Niche

Must say initially, when I didn't know what was going on, I was suspicious. Thought I had a virus or something. But now I like it. Much more user friendly than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.