Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky

Hi All

After running UK affiliate marketing sites for the past 5 years, I am looking to start some Irish sites. All my sites are PHP/MySQL based. I am looking for a great host for my new Irish sites, one that keeps its applications up to date, provides a swift support response and rarely has downtime. Low cost is a benefit but not as important as their expertise. Who would you recommend?

Many thanks

Sparky

sparky

OK, if I could ask who everyone thinks is the highest quality host in Ireland for support?

Thanks and rgds

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
accounts with blacknight ... register365 ... digiweb

customers accounts with letshost ... hostingireland ... and god knows who else right now...

Out of them I'd recommend blacknight (Have shared hosting and a VPS with them)... hosting365 I've never had problems with though I see from a few threads on here there have been issues among some of their customers. I believe its been during the "switch over" to Nameco a UK crowd ... IP space is still with Hosting365 I think. I don't need support from most companies that often though.

Only even used email support / tickets and its normally pretty quick.

I don't like having to phone companies for support. a well described email is a lot better (in my opinion) (hopefully I'm getting better at describing my problems / issues)

sparky

Thanks Forbairt. I've gone with Blacknight. I was impressed by the quality of their website and I have read a few posts that say nice things about them.

Rgds

Sparky

Jabberwocky

Thanks Forbairt. I've gone with Blacknight. I was impressed by the quality of their website and I have read a few posts that say nice things about them.

Rgds

Sparky
Run far away from namesco/r365 whatever else you do. Those bandits are trying to charge people for moving away from their business.

Jabberwocky

What do you mean? If I choose a new host the old one will charge me for what?
For the EPP key, the code you need to transfer your domain. Yes, it is as unbelievable as it sounds. Its because they jacked up their prices so everyone started going to greener pastures, so they are trying to lock people in with this maneuver. Its like something you'd see on the office or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.