Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tFl0w

I signed up for the download day thingy and got the mail to say I have to download it within the next 24 hours... but the page it sends you to has only FF2/14 available. Strange...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's been issues with the firefox / mozilla sites, since a lot of people all jumped on there at the same time

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Didn't have any hastle getting on ... I've upgraded my mac and the VM for windows ... still have the other machine running firefox 2 .. and it'll be stayin that way for the near to distant future.

(as such I voted yes)

Forbairt

ug ... having just gone through a few of them ... I'm noticing one or two .. with minor pixel differences ... (ug ... NOOOOOOO!!!!!) :D

D

Deleted member 444

I've got the old ff3 beta sitting in one of my VMs, but I'm still using firefox2 for general use.
I don't have the patience to sit down and find my way around another browser with all the other shít I have on my plate at the moment. :/

davkell

There were no problems upgrading the browser, but finding the extensions has been a problem - it looks like some of those sites & and the addons site are down.

Just took a look through some of the sites I've done...and thankfully they're all looking the way they're supposed to :)

Tom

Yep downloaded it yesterday, took me an hour and half to finally grab it after it's release. My most used addons seem to be supported and working fine so it all looks good.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like I'll have to downgrade on this computer, as FF3 does not play nice with the Javascript in Typo3 and Movable Type's more advanced UI stuff

Forbairt

Looks like I'll have to downgrade on this computer, as FF3 does not play nice with the Javascript in Typo3 and Movable Type's more advanced UI stuff

Damn ... :( I'm noticing huge improvements in performance for other JS / Ajax sites (gmail ... haven't tried docs yet)

Forbairt

ajax is a major improvement on most sites I'm viewing ...

one gripe so far would be that the plugins didn't automagically update ...
That could be a Mac thing though

Forbairt

strange ... :| maybe I'm just special :D

piclens was the only one that updated ... and I could have done without that

Tom

They did install automatically for me too yesterday on PC here though. Maybe it's not working 100% because of busy mozilla servers, not sure how it works but I had to go direct to the developers website to install the add-ons when I first installed it on release day. The add-ons dialog was just giving me a busy hour glass. What the heck is that new circle thing called in Vista now? It's not an hour glass anymore.

Cormac

strange ... :| maybe I'm just special :D

piclens was the only one that updated ... and I could have done without that

FireFTP and WebDevToolBar were in a constant loop for me yesterday on OS X.

I like the chrome look of FF3 on OSX. Finally it looks like a Mac application. Still not a patch on Safari though.

aarathy

I am download firefox3 in my system. It perfectly works well in my system. It is a fast web browser. Memory leaks and other performance problems found in earlier version of Firefox is removed in this version.Text and image rendering have also been improved. It introduces a new visual language to the browser security game. It also have several features. So you can download this version just now..................

---------------------------------
Bindu Jaisankar

Status
Not open for further replies.