Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny4B

I'll give you some advice for free, ignore the many suggestions that software automating your links will help, they wont ...

Quantity is not relatively important .... so these people telling you they are getting 1000 upon 1000's by linking to every directory under the sun and what great results they are getting, are probably the sort you wouldn't want to listen to. Probability is they are ranking for low ranking terms, and probably based with on-page optimisation alone ...

As it happens, link building is a part of getting your results in the SERP ... but not as strategically important as it once was. But since you asked about LB, I'll stick to that.

As for the link building, genuinely, quality links are a hell of a lot more important that quantity.

Start looking at leaders within your industry, trade organisations, trade associations etc etc. If you are a reseller, look at your partners, link from them. If you have customers you have done work for, or on behalf, link from them. Find not competitive companies within your industry ,say for example the UK, find the companies with the highest DA, ask them to link you, try and make a strategic alliance with them, say be their Irish partner for any of their work. Yuoi got to be creative, think outside the box ....

Most importantly, you need to make you links relevant to your content, to your website. One link of an authority within your industry could be worth 100 of these ****ty directories listings, and inevitably can be a lot less time consuming.

Look at blogs/portals with high DA .. if they are relevant to your site content, hit those for a link, if they try and charge, inevitably a lot will, tell them you don't have a budget and explain how they could benefit for their visors linking to your website. Of course if you have a budget, you can pay, but often budget is limited and every blog or portal are looking for their slice of the dollar ... but its not always necessary ..

Genuinely if I had given up every time some blog asked for €400 for a editorial with a backlink ... well the kids and I would have long gone hungry.

Make your back link portfolio relevant to your content, or as relevant as possible .... oh and lastly, don't over optimize your links, vary them up ... don't just have everyone saying the same thing, jump into the adwords tool, find similar search terms to the terms you want to rank for and use some of those ...

Hope that helps and best of luck

John

John Rodin

Create unique and fresh content with your targeted keywords and submit to web 2.0 blogs, article directory websites. Find high pr website list for seo off page link building activities. You will use some seo tools for competitors link search, find high pr sites using some tools like back link watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.