Help with setting up a new ebusiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJH

Hi There,

I have some questions about setting up a new ecommerce business and was hoping to get some advice from those who have already done so.

How exactly do I go about registering a legitimate Irish online business and how much does it cost?

If I register one company can I use this as an umbrella for a few different websites selling different products?

If I am targeting a home and International market is it better to have a .ie or .com address?

If I am using a foreign based dropship company to supply products to various countries how does the VAT on goods work?

Thanks

KJH :confused:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How exactly do I go about registering a legitimate Irish online business and how much does it cost?

It depends on whether you are registering a business name as a sole trader or setting up a limited company

More information is available on the CRO site (CRO - Home)

An accountant would probably be able to advise which was the best course of action to use

If I register one company can I use this as an umbrella for a few different websites selling different products?

In short - yes

If I am targeting a home and International market is it better to have a .ie or .com address?
.ie is very much aimed at the Irish market, so if you're targetting both markets you probably need to get both if you can

If I am using a foreign based dropship company to supply products to various countries how does the VAT on goods work?

You are the one selling the goods, so it's irrelevant if a 3rd party is doing the supply or not, as they won't be billing the consumer - you will

Status
Not open for further replies.