Status
Not open for further replies.

horse

Hi all,

My website hosted with hosting365.ie was not responding today for approx 2 hours. I could ping the site, but could not gain remote desktop access or see our website through any internet browser. This is not the first time this year we have had problems. It has happened on numerous occassions. I am not happy at all. They failed to give a good reason, or how long they expect the issue to last. Just that they are looking into it...

A post on their "hosting status" website stated:

Network Latency: Customers may be experiencing higher than normal latency on some routes currently. We are working to localise and resolve the issue.
Update: Some routes have been dropped and latency is back within normal parameters.

This is bad for our customers, the people who visit our website daily.
I won't advertise it here. But we have a fairly high profile.

Is there anyone else out there using hosting365 that experienced "issues" today: Tuesday 5th August 2008.

I know of their other clients, & from a selection of about 8 clients web sites I discovered that 6 were working & 2 were having the same problems as us...

Anyone else get any further infromation from them as to what happened?

adrian5750

HI Horse
I had the same situation - a dozen or so websites inaccessible, my pop3 domain email not responding, unable to send smtp email - and nothing on their status page.

Have emailed support (now that it seems to have started working again) -
be interesting to see what they have to say.

Their 'status' page makes a big thing of being on an independant server so as to be accessible even when the main boxes are down - but that only helps if they update the darn thing !

Not impressed !
Adrian

adrian5750

HI Hosting365
Thanks for the comment.
I was looking at the page at hosting365status - probably just me being dense (or confused as to who is in charge of what since the Namesco thing.

OK - so I see green spots everywhere on the Register365 - Ireland's Domain Registry page - what would I have seen between 3pm and 5:30 this afternoon when it was all broken.....

....and, by the way, what went wrong ?

Regards
Adrian (just trying to keep my customers' sites running, send & receive emails - complicated things like that !)

adrian5750

Hmm....

I'm not sure that would have been any great comfort - after all, I _knew_ it was broken.

Some kind of a one-liner that said 'it's broken, we know what's wrong, it'll be fixed by <insert time>' would have been more comforting.....

Seems like phoning a support person would have been equally useless (judging by the comments on other threads)....

Pretty poor, really....

Adrian

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Some kind of a one-liner that said 'it's broken, we know what's wrong, it'll be fixed by <insert time>' would have been more comforting.....
In many cases if something breaks there's no way to know how long it will take to fix it.

adrian5750

In many cases if something breaks there's no way to know how long it will take to fix it.

True - but some sort of 'status update' wouldn't be that difficult, surely ?

Having used various UK-based companies for web hosting since the mid-1990's, I was delighted, on moving over to Ireland, to find an Irish-based hosting company with friendly service and efficient support.

Since Namesco took over, theny've managed to screw up two incoming domain transfers, and completely fail to process the purchase / hosting of a new client's domain (eventually took 12 days from start to domain running properly). I've heard all about the 'teething period' - but it'd better start improving soon - otherwise people will start walking....

It's particularly annoying that all the excuses I've had so far from Namesco have blamed 'somebody else' (Hosting365, ENOM) - everybody except themselves.... I don't doubt that today's outage was 'somebody elses fault' - as that's the pattern that seems to be emerging....

Let's hope that Namesco support starts living up to the hype, sooner rather than later...

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.