Hosting Question/Problem!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

Im looking for a good Irish hosting package, im currently using Letshost.ie but they host their servers
in the states. The problem im having is that Letshost.ie have a 2GB storage package but the 2GB is spread over the file storage and the DB's, wheras other companies have say a 1GB storage package and only say 200mb of this is allocated for the DB's and you have to pay for every bit over 200mb you go even if you have storage left on the 800mb thats used for your files.

Is there any hosting based in Ireland that spreads the full amount of storage space over the DB's and file storage and not allocate a certain amount just for the DB??

babyboy808

<rant>*******.ie suck big time. I was with them last year. an absolute joke, would change php settings without any warning to customers, goes down like clockwork and are horrible to deal with</rant>

By the way, blackknight.ie are fast and I have heard nothing but good things, I'm sure they could help you out.

hosting365

The problem is ,simply, that databases are more expensive to do (well) than webspace. We (Register365) offer very generous storage allocations on both (and no limit on numbers of databases) but, unlike providers who stick email, database, webserver, etc, on the same physical machine, we have seperate clusters for each function, each component optimised for performance and stability.

speed_ie

<rant>Letshost.ie suck big time. I was with them last year. an absolute joke, would change php settings without any warning to customers, goes down like clockwork and are horrible to deal with</rant>

By the way, blackknight.ie are fast and I have heard nothing but good things, I'm sure they could help you out.

Keith, You work for Blacknight. Can you not post unhelpful comments and maybe something more in line with hosting365?*

ziycon - afaik all shared hosting packages are split this way unless you go for something more specialized

* I host with Letshost and find them fine and reliable

speed_ie

Maybe you should ask him and any other poster to "refrain from making those accusations" about any other service provider/ website / company etc? Serves no purpose without some examples! According to spiral they're faster than blacknight but who believes that!

Apologies for thinking he worked with you...the grapevine has lied

babyboy808

Keith, You work for Blacknight. Can you not post unhelpful comments and maybe something more in line with hosting365?*

ziycon - afaik all shared hosting packages are split this way unless you go for something more specialized

* I host with Letshost and find them fine and reliable

Where did you hear I work for BK? - It's seems my post has hit a deep nerve with you. My post was just a long over due vent, end of. I think you are too much on the back foot with this, you must have some connection with letshost?

Anywho good luck,
Keith

speed_ie

Where did you hear I work for BK? - It's seems my post has hit a deep nerve with you. My post was just a long over due vent, end of. I think you are too much on the back foot with this, you must have some connection with letshost?

Anywho good luck,
Keith

Not at all - the point of my post was that it (your post) wasnt helpful to the OP and that 365's was

Your dog told me who you worked for :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.