Are you going to leave Hosting/Register365?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm sticking by them; this is just a rough patch.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Hosting365 and Register365 have come under fire lately because of their problems, errors, excuses and general difficulties that are affecting customers, their clients and everyone else in between.

My question is for you today- are you going to stay?

There are many people on this board venting their fury and giving out about the service, with many threads on the topic. However, let this be the definitive word- are you leaving?

Let me go first. Yes!

hosting365

Might be worth making two pools - h365 and r365 are different companies with different services and different customers...

raul

Might be worth making two pools - h365 and r365 are different companies with different services and different customers...

That's where everybody get confused...
I found out the difference ( long live twitter for that ) and I left - ( hosting with reg365 that is ) :)

markb

This is true, however, one is hosted by the other and when, like now, the Data Centre in their office goes down, then all of one and a good proportion of the other goes down too...

hosting365

R365 is currently hosted in the Hosting365 hosting facility in Park West, however seperate company's and teams, so the 'experience' factors can't be bundled.

As for the outage, a single power distribution circuit is impacted - full details here: Hosting365 Status - most h365 services are online.

claudounet

As for the outage, a single power distribution circuit is impacted - most h365 services are online.

When will all of this power non-sense stop? Twice within 5 days. Three times within a month. You were meant to do something about it last year. I am seriously starting to doubt your ability to properly run a data-centre.

hosting365

This is the second power related issue (as you can see from the status blog) this month (not three).

This issue relates to a single, legacy board, that has given us issues in the past, and away from which most customers have been moved.

Unfortunately, the legacy register365 infrastructure has not been (as namesco are due to move to their new kit) and some other colo/dedicated racks are not on the new power grid.

More detail is at hosting365status.com and all customers will be contacted by their account manager, a full outage report mailed, and detailed plans for the forthcoming emergency maintenance window required to move all remaining circuits to a 'reliable' supply.

Additionally, our network, core services, cloud platform, DNS and many other customers are online and running normally.

Register365

Hi all,

We understand that during the acquisition of Regsiter365 and subsequent transition period some concerns and queries presented themselves. We can assure you that the upmost importance and attention is placed on any feedback we receive from our customers and that we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that you have access to the best products and services.

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

In light of this, our own forum is now live at forum.register365.com, where we will be happy to respond to your questions

markb

Hi all,

We understand that during the acquisition of Regsiter365 and subsequent transition period some concerns and queries presented themselves. We can assure you that the upmost importance and attention is placed on any feedback we receive from our customers and that we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that you have access to the best products and services.

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

In light of this, our own forum is now live at forum.register365.com, where we will be happy to respond to your questions

Why do you charge for domain transfers?

Byron

Why do you charge for domain transfers?

Mark B?

Are you joking? I thought ICANN strongly disapproved of such things, I may be wrong, but that's laughable, charging to be removed from their services?

adrian5750

Yes - they do try to charge for domain transfers.

I started moving everything out a few months ago - took quite some time as they managed to ingore my specific instructions and move some domains that I wanted to allow to lapse, and not moving some that I did want to move -
but it's all pretty much complete now.

There's an option missing from the poll

#4 - I'm already gone!

Bunch of clowns

Adrian

Byron

HAHAHA - you're serious, they do actually charge!

Oh dear god, eircom never even did that. Wow I've found a company worse than eircom's hosting department to deal with financially!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Mark B?

Are you joking? I thought ICANN strongly disapproved of such things, I may be wrong, but that's laughable, charging to be removed from their services?
ICANN may not approve of it, but unfortunately there is nothing to stop a registrar levying an exit fee.

Now why you would charge that much to unlock a domain (or release / retag a co.uk) is beyond me.

Byron

Haha... I wonder if you could Google Bomb them into doing it via one of your domains (NEVER ADVISABLE tbh!).

But on a serious note, if my registrar asked me for a fee, I would probably turn quite abusive over it, I'm surprised Hobbs hasn't been harrasing them "on behalf of the Iorisssh Consuumer"

adrian5750

HAHAHA - you're serious, they do actually charge!

Oh dear god, eircom never even did that. Wow I've found a company worse than eircom's hosting department to deal with financially!

In my case I went into 'coldly polite' mode - (my wife says it's a waste of time because it just goes over most peoples' heads!) - and pointed out that, had Namesco not made such a complete balls-up of everything since taking over, then I wouldn't have wanted to leave - so charging me for the privilege was punishing me for their uselessness.

At the time - they relented - and released my 15-or-so domains for free - but it did take a l o n g time, and lots of emails backwards & forwards - so maybe I should have paid the 'ransom fee' to get my domains back....?

In PR terms - it's suicide..... - if they're listening.....??

Adrian

Byron

I don't think they realise that on this website, and the people who snoop on here, account for the majority of development, advertising agencies and designers in the country. This board has been mentioned everywhere from boards.ie, creative ireland to Sitepoint by people. They have lost their Irish word of mouth in two weeks of poor PR. If I was the director, I would be asking questions and solving problems, not creating questions in the minds of clients and creating further problems.

You hold people random, they will certainly, NEVER, use you again, or even keep new clients on your services.

I do think it's amusing this is common practice for them, it's a little ignorant, and indeed arrogent for a website that won't even load right now, 17:41, probably because of their own downtime. Atleast my host makes sure there site stays live!

Byron

Hosting 365

Was dead for a good three minutes... it ranks above Register365 on a "hosting 365" search.

(Register was working fine, but Hosting 365 is the issue in question)

Byron

Anyway,

Instead of posting a new comment:
1. Hosting 365, since I'm not a customer of yours, why do you charge for domain transferrals?

2. Like we know people are quite happy with one of your teams, why is there such a problem with the other, which you are not addressing for YOUR customers.

3. I worry because there are thousands of people who are not a member of this forum, wondering why there websites are up and down like a jack rabbit?

4. If your customers, or some of my clients were to have any problems with you, how would you rectify it in future?

5. Do your two teams operate any form of TQM or Quality Circles, surely in company troubleshooting would solve these issues.

6. Why are professional developers being left in the dark about everything.

I only ask these questions, because in my opinion the process of charging for domain transferrals beggers belief in the Irish hosting enviroment we have today, certainly from a company which is upsetting so many people, and of course, we all want to know if we will have to ring up our clients, or get midnight calls because a vital email has gone missing down to a server losing data if only daily backups are kept?

I am sure if a complaints facility was setup and problems were addressed your company would not have hundreds of postings a day on this forum, over this issue.

I do not represent the people here, but seriously, domain transferral fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.