Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
100% uptime is doable without incurring crazy costs.

If you have a handful of sites with reasonable levels of traffic you could probably get away with a dedicated server from about €150 / month

Depending on the complexity etc., you might need more than that, but the load balancers etc., are overkill until you start doing serious amounts of traffic and revenue

Fintan

100% uptime is doable without incurring crazy costs.

If you have a handful of sites with reasonable levels of traffic you could probably get away with a dedicated server from about €150 / month

Depending on the complexity etc., you might need more than that, but the load balancers etc., are overkill until you start doing serious amounts of traffic and revenue

Sounds reasonable to me.

So have any of the other hosting companies tried to capitalise on this by running some special offers to scoop upset customers? :)

Daisy

for those of you with shared hosting - don't feel let down. Half of our dedicated servers are up, the other half aren't.

I is one extraordinarily angry bunny...

louie

This H365 issue put a lot of my competitors off-line. he he.
Goes to show you how much it counts to make the right choice in hosting.
Is not only about money....

"Good things happens to those who wait" of course this has nothing to do with the above.

George

Hi all, lets start with full disclosure, I am currently the sales manager for Blacknight and I'd like to draw your attention to this ;)

kidney_bongos

Whatever about all my sites not showing - I can't see the Irish Stock Exchange (www.ise.ie) being too happy at H365. The market is bad enough as it is. Will h365 take Ryanair down by another 5% due to knocking out the ISE's web info?

lostie

Both of our sites is are now back up. I excpect blacknight solutions will profit hugely at h365's expense. I do feel a bit sorry for them, i doubt its their fault.

Daisy

The real problem is going to be for H365 - I've been a good (and forgiving) client of theirs for many years now - but this is simply not acceptable. Our dedicated servers are still down, without even direct IP access never mind DNS resolution. I'm outta here for the majority of my business in the near future.

Busarus

my servers are online again - not sure how long they were gone for
but email is coming in and everything seems to be working fine
disappointed more than angry - down on adsense of course for the day, and friday is one of my stronger days

Gavin

Hi all, lets start with full disclosure, I am currently the sales manager for Blacknight and I'd like to draw your attention to this ;)

15% off the first bill? BIG savings there George. ;)

Congrats on the promo and I hope all is well on the other side....

ziycon

I was just reading about this incident with H365, its crazy that it took so long for them to get there systems back up, i understand how the issue with the mail is taking so long thats just a side effect to and mail servers being offline of r a period of time but it'll clear and get back to normal speed as the queues clear.

But the whole thing about there DNS servers, they should have regular backups or a standby system they can load the most recent backup onto till they sort out the main DNS servers!

Just seems a bit unprofessional to that is took so long to get back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.