Status
Not open for further replies.

andywozhere

In the 239 clicks (and many thousand impressions) that tradedoubler affiliate programmes have received from my site, I've received a grand total of 6.50 Euros (less than 3 cents a click). I'll be trying to give tradedoubler affiliates one last try over the next month or so, but so far it seems a pretty poor rate of return .. how is anyone else faring?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been doing all that well either, but I think that might be due to the advertisers I'm using more than anything else...

andywozhere

Sure I'm not blaming Tradedoubler, but if I'm not getting the follow through on the ads, then I'd be looking at alternatives. At least Google Ads provide a bit of consistent (although small) income.

I'll try and target/tailor the Tradedoubler ads a bit more and see how she goes.

A

Alan

It seems to me the traders are getting a lot more out of it than the publishers.

I think it has great potential but I think the traders need to give a little more.

Agree about the consistency of the Google ads, they aren't perfect but return is quicker, and managing the ads is more flexible.

eclarke

Hi All,

I'd be happy to review your TradeDoubler activity give you my feedback and suggestions.

Please send an email with your user name to Publisher Support and I'll get back to you.

Br,
Eoin Clarke
Publisher Sales Manager
TradeDoubler Ireland

hughdurkin

Hey andywozhere,

Few questions:

• Are you placing affiliate links alongside cpc ads or display ads, or are you sticking with 100% affiliate links as your monetisation tool?
  • Are the offers you're promoting relevant to your site?
  • Might the offers you're promoting also be offered via Tradedoubler on larger, higher reach sites using the same creative?
  • Are you using banners, text links, or bit of both?
Over in the Uk there's been a bit of a heave-ho about cookie busting and 'final click gets commission' stuff.

Check out www.affiliates4u.com and have a look at what affiliates are doing in the UK to ensure they convert more, and get their commissions more often also :)

andywozhere

Thanks Hugh,

To answer your questions

Are you placing affiliate links alongside cpc ads or display ads, or are you sticking with 100% affiliate links as your monetisation tool?

I'm using Google cpc, which I think suits the site and provides a more regular income.
Are the offers you're promoting relevant to your site?
I try to make them that way. I have "yourlenses" affiliate in the opticians section etc

Might the offers you're promoting also be offered via Tradedoubler on larger, higher reach sites using the same creative?
probably and that where they probably do better. I thought the fact that I can target ads on specific categories might be in my favour, but now I'm not so sure.

Are you using banners, text links, or bit of both?
Really only banners at present. I never really got around to using text ads. I had a text ad for Skype previously. I've been a bit wary of text links.

To be honest I've probably been a bit lazy with experimenting with ad formats and my use of the ad, so the idea of a review of ads offered by Eoin is quite appealing. affiliates4u.com looks like it might be worth more of a snoop around for info thanks. :)

e-view

In the 239 clicks (and many thousand impressions) that tradedoubler affiliate programmes have received from my site, I've received a grand total of 6.50 Euros (less than 3 cents a click). I'll be trying to give tradedoubler affiliates one last try over the next month or so, but so far it seems a pretty poor rate of return .. how is anyone else faring?
Oh my god... :/ I understand what its been 3 years since you made this post but how is it going now? Does situation changed?
I have website with 4k everyday users in Lithuania and with tradedoubler getting at average 0.06EUR/click which is very low. Today joined another network which pays stable 0.09EUR/click so will see and if tradedoubler wont raise revenue per click i'll be forced to stop our friendship.
But how does it work in Ireland? What is average price per click? Can you make a living? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.