How can I establish if a 1,127ms average response time is any good for my server?

Discussion in 'Server / Technical Administration Tips and Queries' started by bober, Dec 4, 2012.

1. bober

bober New Member

I currently have a site tracked with Pingdom.com and the test results show the site average response time is 1,127ms. I have no idea if this is good or bad. I did a bit of searching on blogs ping - How can I establish if a 566ms average response time is any good for my server? - Server Fault that suggested 566ms is not that great so this would suggest to me that my average of of 1,127ms is not good.

I have no experience with this kinda thing so it would be good to get some input. The site is hosted on a private OVH Cloud server along with other websites, I think - if that's any help.

See image results below:

View attachment 439

2. paul

paul Ninja

3. bober

bober New Member

OK just did that but I don't really know what to do with the info 'Not so fast. The page was slower than most sites.The server took a long time to generate the content. Details below.' Response time is 1230 milliseconds.

I'm not what the issue is > hosting, the website itself or what.

Image below:

View attachment 440

4. link8r

link8r New Member

Does it matter that much? Google pulled its page load speed testing and its GWT data....Not surprising really

5. bober

bober New Member

Yes, my concerns are based mainly on user experience. The site in question has page load time issues and I need to figure out why. I also think it may be effecting overall bounce rate on the website.

6. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

If you look at the pingdom speed test results they can usually tell you what is slowing a site's load down
    Things to look at:
    - graphics (obviously)
    - 3rd party widgets

7. bober

bober New Member

OK i'll more closely into pingdom and website then make modifications, thanks.