How can I extract data from emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbnavan

My gmail account recieves emails from a form on my website but I would like to find a way to extract email addresses which are contained within a line of the email.

eg

Email address : sample@myexample.com

php.allstar

Hi,

You would take the email address from the code on your site that handles the form and do what you like with it there...

The suggestion didn't help. I've followed, but failed.

BTW, I was wondering if there any mail software can receive email from gmail and yahoo at the same time>?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you get the form on the website to post the data you want to a database before it sends on the email to you?

imjustgtd

It would be one thing of the email was from the person, but it sounds as if your form is sending you an email with POST info. The only thing I could think to pull that data out of a gmail account would be by hand. If you loaded the imap info into an easy to use email software, you could get the job done in a fairly short amount of time. In the future I'd suggest something like what blacknight said, have the email and any other pertinent data get posted to a DB before or while getting sent to your email account, or just use an opt-in form from your email marketing provider (aweber/getresponse/etc)

figment

I have done this with Outlook.
Download emails to outlook.
Filter the emails you want into their own folder.
EXPORT folder to csv file.

You now have all your mails in a handy excel file where you can do a find and raplace to strip away everything but the emails you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.