Status
Not open for further replies.

firsttime

Hey guys, just wondering what I need to do to set up affiliate links. I want to put a link from my site to another website and count the number of times it is clicked.

What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

louie

link to an internal page on your website passing the affiliate parameters through the QS, record the click and redirect.

firsttime

Thanks Louie, is there a guide anywhere online about how to set these parameters up?

Thanks and happy Christmas

louie

most affiliate links wouldn't allow you to change to format and some are pure javascript and are harder to change but basic links can be done alright.

what are you using? PHP, ASP, etc...

It can be done many ways so any particular reason you want this done?

BTW: Happy Christmas 2 u 2.

firsttime

Thanks Louie, I am using php. I am running a forum and basically want some of the links in peoples signatures to be affiliate links.

Thanks

louie

so basically you want them to have a link of your own affiliate program or it any, because if it is your you can control it on the landing page but if not I am not sure if it is possible as all affiliates programs has their own way of formating the links.

If you know the format you can add a javascript listener + ajax to record it.

firsttime

Hi Louie, basically, there are a few people who want to promote their site while on my forum. I therefore want to be able to see how many people have clicked on their link to their website in the signature.

Cheers

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
depending on your BB software .... in the part that displays signatures you should be able to parse all the links sending them through your link page.

There will be a bit of work involved but its pretty straight forward to do.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
The Art of Web ~ PHP: Parsing HTML to find Links would be one bit of the puzzle

<?PHP header("newurl"); ?>

would be the redirect page previous to that you'd connect to your database and increment a counter for the link :)

hope thats of some help ... don't know any pages that give everything you want and as I said it'll depend on your BB software to a certain extent and how they handle signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.