How much are you earning per month with Adsense?

• $0 > $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 > $200

• $200 > $400

• $400 > $800

• $800 > $1000

• $1000 +

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiecasey

Oh yeah, that wasnt your blog. Yeah, I'm not high in Google SERPs at all, despite all my work. But I rank for a few related terms and I rank alright in Yahoo and MSN.

After these Autumn repeat exams I have to do, I've a few ideas to increase backlinks and hopefully SERPs.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The dataset may lead to a lot of splogs appearing overnight, which is not going to be pleasant to deal with. I'm already seeing a lot of them hitting forms on sites all over the place
Grr!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, that wasnt your blog. Yeah, I'm not high in Google SERPs at all, despite all my work. But I rank for a few related terms and I rank alright in Yahoo and MSN.

After these Autumn repeat exams I have to do, I've a few ideas to increase backlinks and hopefully SERPs.
So you're getting all the traffic from Yahoo and MSN?

RedCardinal

So you're getting all the traffic from Yahoo and MSN?

@George How much of your traffic do you reckon is coming from Ireland? Actually if you dont mind me asking, how much traffic are you getting?

I presume that there isn't too mich maintenance involved in a site like this?

I really have to take a harder look at the SEM side of things methinks.

georgiecasey

That AOL dataset is a gold mine. I'm sifting through the data while I should be studying, I was targetting the wrong keywords, the really competitive keywords like 'free ringtones'.

georgiecasey

No, I still get most traffic from Google, but not that much more. I get about 3000 unique visitors a day. A lot come from Ireland, as I'm no.1 for free ringtones with geo-location. But the Irish market is tiny, its all about America. Not much maintenance at all really. At the moment I'm working on a few things to have my ringtones in different formats and stuff like that to bring in a few more visitors.

RedCardinal

That AOL dataset is a gold mine. I'm sifting through the data while I should be studying, I was targetting the wrong keywords, the really competitive keywords like 'free ringtones'.

If its any use to you I should have the entire dataset in mysql by tomorrow and can run some queries for you.

gary.b

Somewhere around 0 and 5 :p

That might have something to do with the fact that i haven't updated in a year...

I've noticed an (odd?) thing about stats like these.. there are people (the majority) that are barely covering hosting costs with adsense, and then there's the ~$500 a month crowd. But then it jumps to 1,500, 2,000 a month for some people - i guess it's all down to SEO - or just plain MFA sites.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I know several people that are making more than €500 / month without resorting to MFA junk...

It's all down to critical mass and SEO ....

rsynnott

Somewhere around 0 and 5 :p

That might have something to do with the fact that i haven't updated in a year...

I've noticed an (odd?) thing about stats like these.. there are people (the majority) that are barely covering hosting costs with adsense, and then there's the ~$500 a month crowd. But then it jumps to 1,500, 2,000 a month for some people - i guess it's all down to SEO - or just plain MFA sites.

As one of the ~$500 crowd, I take offence to that; I've never SEO'd in my life, and am not even particularly sure how to go about it (without spamming and such) and my site certainly isn't MFA (I started it roughly six months before I signed up for any advertiser).

People seem to like the site: it gets linked to by plenty of blogs and myspace profiles and such.

Busarus

my site is not mfa.... i concentrate on adding content not working at seo.... this month is up ten percent on daily average over last month...

dave

Never really looked at adsense before for any of my sites as clients don't really want it. But I have a site that is approaching a million page impressions a month. Does anyone know how much adsense revenue they could roughly make if I could convince them to use adsense?

Busarus

probably 5 or 600 hundred a month easy... but should do more....

it varies. a client of mine has a very niche site - about 4-5000 pages a month, and he generates nearly 300 a month off it - and all it is is serveral articles a month.... so proportionally he does much better than I do with archiseek which has 2million + pages per month

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
probably 5 or 600 hundred a month easy... but should do more....

it varies. a client of mine has a very niche site - about 4-5000 pages a month, and he generates nearly 300 a month off it - and all it is is serveral articles a month.... so proportionally he does much better than I do with archiseek which has 2million + pages per month
Yeah. Impressions alone aren't a good guideline. The type of traffic is the deciding factor.

I've a few theories on that which I may elaborate on at some point :)

Busarus

i have my own theories...

for example... p45 does sfa in ad revenue via adsense because it is a community - people who are there, want to be there, not going on somewhere else... whereas with archiseek, the site indexes for some many different buildings and places, that someone can visit it and see an appropriate ad and move on.... ie content is better than community for ads

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Paul
p45 *could* make a lot more money via adsense if you were to make some changes to the way you are using it. While forums won't earn as much on average as "content" based sites I think you can make a lot more than you are at present by tweaking the display settings, positioning etc

rsynnott

Never really looked at adsense before for any of my sites as clients don't really want it. But I have a site that is approaching a million page impressions a month. Does anyone know how much adsense revenue they could roughly make if I could convince them to use adsense?

It really depends. I make 400-500 a month on a site with about a quarter-million real impressions per month, and that's in a pretty low-paying niche. Give it a go, and see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.