How to convince consumers to make a purchase online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Thing

Cosumer confidence, in other words all the bells and whistles, about us, terms, shipping, returns policy etc. Offer products at competitive prices, the rest is up to them to make the choice, might sound simple but believe me it's not.

Noddy

Product delivery is another often over-looked requirement. Is it next day or 2-4 day delivery? Will I have to wait in all day for a delivery?

Some of the online electronic stores now offer a drop-in collection service - this is an option I would favour as a consumer, it's free and I don't have to wait in all day for a delivery driver.

dapo

Is there demand in the first place?

What are the top things consumers look for in a website to convince them to make a purchase?

Gary Halbert, direct mail genius/multi-millionaire, had a coaching seminar where he asked experienced marketers that they could pick every element in marketing and he would beat them all in sales hands-down if he had just this one element. He asked them to guess what it was. They all screamed: fantastic website, incredible salesletter, yadi yada...

He turned em all down and said the only thing he needed was:

"a group of hungry buyers"

If the business behind the website isn't aiming at hungry buyers then no gimmicks/bells, whistles, delivery options etc (no disrespect to Noddy & WildThing) will move product in substantial quantities via ur website.

eamo

I like the hungry buyers scenario - but we're back to the main question: how to find them!

mporgsoft

The big one is the presence of a Physical address and Telephone number. Makes everything look more legit and if there is a problem you know you can contact them quickly instead of by email.

katrina

physical numbers or testimonial reviews, none of those matter if no one wants ta buy haha

True - but assuming you have done the research and there is a market for your products, sometimes these things can make a difference as to whether they purchase from you or your competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.