how to promote my websites

Discussion in 'Online Marketing Discussion' started by laser212, Mar 22, 2010.

1. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

I *think* SEOMoz were doing some experiments on this recently .. the problem with a lot of social media sites is that they are "walled gardens" to a point. I can "share" a link on Facebook, which might increase traffic to a site, but it's not an actual "link" that Google or any other bot can see ..
    Google Plus, however, could have an impact, though I gather that the jury is still out on how that manifests itself
    The kind of thing I'm seeing now is that sites / pages that my "network" has mentioned on various social media sites are being "flagged" in the Google search results - though if I wasn't logged in to Google I wouldn't see them. (I tried to put some thoughts on this down the other day: Will Google+ (Plus) Finally Be Google's Social Media Success Story? )

2. link8r

link8r New Member

There have been some interesting tests going on - for example Rand Fishkin was testing group search CTR on twitter (but typical US-orientated view, only worked if you were the US - other searches show different results). But walled Garden is pretty much it. Its like personalised search and comments. Plus it's not always well connected and I've noticed it doesn't show if a site was shared or not quite often!

I'll take a look at your blog post - thanks for sharing.

3. Kieran

Kieran Guest

Rand Fiskin did a blog post on it the other day but the 'bump' he discussed was based on his huge following.

4. arekpio

arekpio New Member

You must

1. add site to many search engine
    2. add site to directories
    3. write article on many blogs
    4. promotions in social media

5. tomast

tomast New Member

you can buy seo services

6. cindyjay

cindyjay New Member

You can do SEO for your site by yourself or hiring a company.

7. Karina

Karina New Member

Promote it through social media - facebook, twitter etc - create page and/or use ad's
    Promote through Google Adwords
    Promote through SEO, it will take time but is a guaranteed way to get traffic

8. trafficcake

trafficcake New Member

You ask 100 online marketers this question and you'll get 100 different answers - and to be fair none of them wrong. We all have different approaches to this age old problem. My view is that the balance of promotion, whether working on organic search, social media, PPC and other traffic buying will shift depending on where you are in the life cycle of your business.

I do think though that it's important though whether you're a small affiliate to a large corporate to be clinical about how you spend money and tracking the rewards you get from each penny spent. It's all too easy to spend 50 Euros here and there on different ideas and write it off as an "experiment" if it doesn't work. As such if you do go down the traffic buying root be very careful - there are far too many rogue traffic sellers offering "pop-under" or "banner packages" for 50 Euros and simply deliver 100% fake traffic. You won't get your money money back. So do your research, make sure you check the traffic they're sending you and ask for a refund if its fake!

And most of all - good luck! :D

9. spzkaz

spzkaz New Member

10. davidmorris

davidmorris New Member

Well, its not so hard to make your website good optimized and search engine friendly. There are some guidelines to be followed to make your website more visible in search engines. You can use sitemap, robots.txt, decrease the opening time of the website, proper use of content and onpage of the website and quality backlinking. The quality back links can be created by submitting website videos on social media websites. use of social media and with the help of quality link building. This process can exactly help you to target your desired market.

11. Rebelcorp

Rebelcorp New Member

12. jeffscott

jeffscott Member

Promote your site by creating blog networking and provide regular updates for the target audience.