Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I *think* SEOMoz were doing some experiments on this recently .. the problem with a lot of social media sites is that they are "walled gardens" to a point. I can "share" a link on Facebook, which might increase traffic to a site, but it's not an actual "link" that Google or any other bot can see ..
Google Plus, however, could have an impact, though I gather that the jury is still out on how that manifests itself
The kind of thing I'm seeing now is that sites / pages that my "network" has mentioned on various social media sites are being "flagged" in the Google search results - though if I wasn't logged in to Google I wouldn't see them. (I tried to put some thoughts on this down the other day: Will Google+ (Plus) Finally Be Google's Social Media Success Story? )

link8r

There have been some interesting tests going on - for example Rand Fishkin was testing group search CTR on twitter (but typical US-orientated view, only worked if you were the US - other searches show different results). But walled Garden is pretty much it. Its like personalised search and comments. Plus it's not always well connected and I've noticed it doesn't show if a site was shared or not quite often!

I'll take a look at your blog post - thanks for sharing.

K

Kieran

Rand Fiskin did a blog post on it the other day but the 'bump' he discussed was based on his huge following.

arekpio

You must

1. add site to many search engine
2. add site to directories
3. write article on many blogs
4. promotions in social media

Karina

Promote it through social media - facebook, twitter etc - create page and/or use ad's
Promote through Google Adwords
Promote through SEO, it will take time but is a guaranteed way to get traffic

trafficcake

You ask 100 online marketers this question and you'll get 100 different answers - and to be fair none of them wrong. We all have different approaches to this age old problem. My view is that the balance of promotion, whether working on organic search, social media, PPC and other traffic buying will shift depending on where you are in the life cycle of your business.

I do think though that it's important though whether you're a small affiliate to a large corporate to be clinical about how you spend money and tracking the rewards you get from each penny spent. It's all too easy to spend 50 Euros here and there on different ideas and write it off as an "experiment" if it doesn't work. As such if you do go down the traffic buying root be very careful - there are far too many rogue traffic sellers offering "pop-under" or "banner packages" for 50 Euros and simply deliver 100% fake traffic. You won't get your money money back. So do your research, make sure you check the traffic they're sending you and ask for a refund if its fake!

And most of all - good luck! :D

davidmorris

Well, its not so hard to make your website good optimized and search engine friendly. There are some guidelines to be followed to make your website more visible in search engines. You can use sitemap, robots.txt, decrease the opening time of the website, proper use of content and onpage of the website and quality backlinking. The quality back links can be created by submitting website videos on social media websites. use of social media and with the help of quality link building. This process can exactly help you to target your desired market.

LisaGreen

Hey dear...! There are a lot of ways to promote your website. You can promote your website through advertisements, online marketing or with various ways. Online marketing is the best way to promote your website.

monica8297

I can emphasize with not understanding how hard it can be to get your site off the ground. As previously stated, get some content on there. Make sure its good content. Make sure that its got some nice rich keywords in there that you want to target. Also, make sure that you link your pages together as search engines like sites that are very well organized. From there you will have a lot more of work to do, but this is just the first tip ;)

NiallLSB

How to promote my website is kind of like a "how long is a piece of string?" type question. Basically the answer depends a great deal on how much time, effort and money you are willing to invest. And even before that how much competition you have - sometimes it can be pretty straight forward, other times very difficult. For example, it's much easier to rank as a plumber in Kinnegad than it is as a plumber in Manhatten.

If you are a complete novice and your goal is to promote your local business then this blog post discusses a few easy and free options. If its out and out website promotion you want then while there are many different tactics, they are all ultimately based on one thing - content. If you are generating great content then really everything else will largely take care of itself (and it will make all of the other promotion tactics possible).

*Full disclosure: the blog post I link to above is on my website.

DevArora

You can have the best item on the planet, however without powerful publicizing, nobody will think about it. Because you have propelled your site on the Internet doesn't imply that everybody will come rushing to it. Actually, no one will know it exists on the off chance that you don't get out there and advance it. There are a few administrations accessible to enable you to get the word out there, yet they cost cash. Be that as it may, there are a few different ways to get the word out for nothing. Here are seven site advancement tips you have to take after to get your page up to the highest point of the web indexes.

1. Focus on Website SEO

Before you start chipping away at your site content, you have to know the SEO devices that will go into it. Utilize the Google catchphrase apparatus organizer to enable you to locate the best watchwords for your specialty showcase. Make sure to center around since quite a while ago followed watchwords versus short catchphrases as you can battle to rank for a wide catchphrase. Spotlight on the watchwords that have low rivalry and high inquiry recurrence to enable you to make blog entries that are convincing, and will get took note. Utilizing the privilege SEO methodology will help you as you center around advancing your site. The catchphrases you select must be added to the title, headings, substance, and Meta depiction. In the event that you include pictures, make sure to incorporate the watchword in the photo title tag and the alt tag. Advancing your site by utilizing customary SEO is outstanding amongst other approaches to increase characteristic movement and a higher positioning.

2. Social Media Marketing

The universe of web based life has totally changed web based promoting. Making a web-based social networking account, and connecting with the clients regularly is the most ideal approach to advance a site. You will have the capacity to make associations with the clients, and you can increase moment results because of your correspondence with them. Distinctive internet based life accounts furnish organizations with a phenomenal stage to publicize their business to the correct group of onlookers. The advancement of sites via web-based networking media records can have marked symbolism. Consider running challenges and giveaways with exceptional greeting pages to increase new "preferences" and client contact data. Facebook and Twitter remain the prevailing powers of internet based life, yet Pinterest and Instagram are beginning to get on with organizations as different approaches to advance a site.

3. Search Engine Listing

A basic method to begin getting movement to your site is by utilizing the web search tools. Submit new substance to the web crawler catalogs like Google, Yahoo!, Bing and so forth, so it very well may be recorded. The significant web indexes offer this free administration, and you can secure it with littler internet searcher catalogs also. This is one of the primary things you have to do to advance a site on the off chance that you are including new substance week by week.

4. Signature Branding

Your image picture is the means by which individuals will perceive your organization. Invest some energy chipping away at making your image simple to perceive, and sufficiently convincing to stand out enough to be noticed. Make a mark for your email account, instant messages, and discussions that incorporate your site URL. This is an incredible method to motivate individuals to perceive your image, and it will inspire individuals to tap on the URL. It is indispensable to have a portable amicable site in the event that you add your URL to content informing and other versatile publicizing choices. In the event that you need to take in more about how to advance a site utilizing portable administrations, think about working with Outbrain. They have one of a kind portable advertising procedures to enable your business to acquire introduction.

5. Reciprocal Linking

One approach to demonstrate the web indexes your site is trusted is by having different sites connect to your webpage. On the off chance that you need an advancement, site alternatives incorporate; visitor blogging, gathering posting, interface trade, and news articles. Try not to begin connecting your site to various low-positioning, low-quality destinations. The web indexes need to compensate you with a higher site positioning when they see your site is connected to higher positioning, expert destinations. Spotlight on making joins that are applicable to the perusers, and utilize quality watchwords or expressions to pick up a connection. Inbound connections are an imperative piece of the SEO world, yet you should be cautious in the manner in which you make them. In the event that you do an excessive number of immediately, your site can be prohibited from the web indexes. Gradual is the most ideal approach when you are taking a shot at quality inbound connects to your site.

6. Focus on Quality Content

Out of all the site advancement thoughts, you will read about on the web, the best one is to center around quality. For what reason would you say you are composing blog entries for the perusers? Is it true that you are giving them the data they need, or would you say you are just centered around getting something "new" on your site? Making quality substance is crucial to your site, and to your general positioning. Compose the sort of substance that other individuals need to peruse and advance without anyone else web journals/sites and via web-based networking media. When you make an organization blog, utilize Google Authorship to enable you to pick up perceivability. This will interface every one of your articles together, and it will rank higher in Google. Convey new internet based life messages each time you transfer another article to the blog. Screen the blog to discover what is working, and what you can jettison if it's not moving activity up.

7. Use Google Local Business

To pick up a nearby gathering of people, present your site to Google Local Business. Not exclusively will Google give site advancement thoughts, they will enable each business to enlist their data for nothing. You can include pictures, incorporate limited time offers, and even submit versatile advertisements. The colossal piece of the Google Local Business page is the manner by which the data is shown. It will appear acceptable over whatever is left of the typical query item data, giving your business a bigger online nearness. Google even gives headings to your area, and they enable clients to call appropriate from their cell phone.

In the event that you are as yet requesting that how advance my site in the wake of utilizing these seven hints, it is a smart thought to contact internet advertising offices for help. These seven site advancement tips make it simple for anybody to center around enhancing their site and advancing it through the correct channels. While it can require investment to figure out how to advance a site, it is imperative to center around being understanding. It can take fourteen days, or months before you see a huge increment in rush hour gridlock and your web based positioning.

lynsofia

I know that you are new in an online business. You want to promote your business website at multiple platforms to gain more visibility & popularity. There are many internet websites that facilitate you in advertising your business online. Fight to get your name and your brand out there and then draw visitors to your site.
1 - SEO on Website - Google searches can be a powerful source of traffic to your website. SEO is the science/art of increasing your website’s visibility in organic search engine results.

2- Effort Paid Campaigns like PPC
3- Email Marketing
4- Used to Blogging
5- Make Infographics & Promote it
6- Used Reciprocal Linking
7- Retargeting
8- Used Email Signature as Branding
9- Social Marketing
10- Google Business Listing

DevArora

promote your website online and do SEO (Search Engine Optimiztion) and share your website on social media, then people get know about your business and you also get best traffic for your website. If you want learn more about this go to online and their is so many blogs about your topic and will help you... (quảng bá trang web của bạn trực tuyến và làm SEO (Search Engine Optimiztion) và chia sẻ trang web của bạn trên phương tiện truyền thông xã hội, sau đó mọi người biết về doanh nghiệp của bạn và bạn cũng nhận được lưu lượng truy cập tốt nhất cho trang web của mình. Nếu bạn muốn tìm hiểu thêm về điều này, hãy truy cập trực tuyến và có rất nhiều blog về chủ đề của bạn và sẽ giúp bạn ...)

hurtinhouston

I was looking for the same information. I had the same question and find best information in the comment section. Thanks for the information guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.