.htaccess woes ... :) ( problem with IndexOptions )

Discussion in 'Coding Help' started by Forbairt, Mar 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Forbairt

Forbairt Portfolio Building

Hi Guys,

Hopefully a quick one that I'm just not seeing and it isn't something that has just been left out for some rather silly reason

I want to exclude . .. from fancyindexes in a folder ... no major problem there

Code:
    IndexIgnore . .. 
    My issue is I want sub folders to be able to include .. and I can't seem to figure it out.

Any ideas? :)

Cheers,
    James

2. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

Did you ask one of your colleagues? *cough*

3. Forbairt

Well ... if you don't want traffic on the site ... :D

4. MOH

MOH New Member

Good news - you're not missing something stupid.

Bad news, I don't think you can, short of putting an overriding .htaccess in each of the subfolders.
    But I don't know if you can override IndexIgnore - try Options -Indexes in the parent, and Options +Indexes in each subfolder
    Re. Can htaccess restore default indexing PHP Server Side Scripting forum at WebmasterWorld

Or depending what you're trying to do, a bit of a workaround
    How to apply htaccess to a folder but not subfolders - Programming - Applications

5. Forbairt

Cheers for the linkage ... I've already come up with an alternative solution but would have preferred not to have to ... if I really wanted I could chop out the first /FOLDER/.. with a bit of jquery but it's not what I wanted to have to do ah well .. I wait for Apache 2.3 which it would seem with have IndexIgnoreReset :)