Job TypeFull-time LocationDublin Description
JOB SPECIFICATION
Position: HTML/CSS Expert

Department:

Reporting to: Head of Professional Services

Qualification: Web/Graphics Design or 2 years experience

Scope of position:

Main Duties & Responsibilities

You will be responsible for front end deliverables in our projects. Working with designs supplied in PSD format; building quality xHTML Web & WAP pages. The job will also involve in implementing a JSP taglib into the html pages.

You will also be working with developers to implement functionality that must be represented on the frontend. Working with QA to ensure a quality bug free site is delivered.

Requirements

• Front end web developer with good UI skills. (CSSMania.com skill level)
  • Expert xHTML and CSS
  • Cross Browser/OS Development (Pc, Mac, Linux) Firefox 1.5/2/IE6/IE7
  • W3C, DDA standards compliance experience
  • Photoshop/Fireworks/Flash skills
  • 2 years commercial front-end experience
  • Samples of online work are essential!

Essential Skills / Attributes

• Good attention to detail

Desirable Experience

• JSP (or someone with intermediate PHP skill level looking to learn)
  • Javascript
  • Any frontend mobile development (wml or xhtml)
  • Usability experience
  • DHTML
  • AJAX
Email all CVs
(txt/pdf/doc) to dstanley@newbay.com

TheMenace

What's the company (Newbay?) and salary range? (I'm not interested, just curious!)

ph3n0m

Yup the company is newbay.com

And as for salary:
Circa 30k, flexi time, education support, fast moving company with opportunities to advance

TheMenace

30k is reasonable enough for someone who's just graduated or an undergraduate with 2 years experience who wants to up-skill. How much do you want to get paid for coding HTML?

TheMenace

I agree with 3rigena to a point but I don't think ph3n0m is looking for any kind of guru in any of the technologies other than XHTML/CSS. And to be honest, 30k is a fairly decent salary for a graduate or an undergraduate with 2 years experience and strong knowledge of XHTML/CSS. I'm earning a good bit more than that myself but not a vast amount more... and I have 8 years experience, XHTML, CSS, WCAG, ASP, Ruby, mySQL, MSSQL, Flash and actionscript 2, XML/XSLT, AJAX, DOM/JavaScript and a little PHP. In theory I should be earning over 100k a year. But life's just not like that... the Web industry in Ireland certainly isn't.

ph3n0m

This reminds of the day when job agencies used to throw documents together to indicate what the "average" wage of certain peoples in different sectors were - always felt they were waaaay off the mark with anything related to I.T, especially the web

And dont start the comparissons ofthe same job but in different countries :)

TheMenace

This reminds of the day when job agencies used to throw documents together to indicate what the "average" wage of certain peoples in different sectors were - always felt they were waaaay off the mark with anything related to I.T, especially the web

And dont start the comparissons ofthe same job but in different countries :)
Yeah. Web Design and Development salaries are an absolute joke in Ireland to be honest. Last time I was looking for a job, there were Senior .NET and J2EE roles on offer for a 'generous' 30k-40k. Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software