HTML Email or Plain Text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you had to choose between using HTML emails or plain text emails for promoting a website which one would you choose?

tomed

blacknight said:
If you had to choose between using HTML emails or plain text emails for promoting a website which one would you choose?

Good question - personally, in the past when i did it. I noticed a huge difference in responses from HTML and plain text.

For responses, the winner of the two was the HTML version. However, when analysing it more - it turns out, more genuine response came from the PLAIN text email.

I think this is because it's more personal than a HTML email. People sub conciously seem to think HTML emails are all spam!

That's just from our experiences! Not saying that's a dead cert!
I would imagine different types of businesses would get different responses!

Tom

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Tom

That's a fair point, but how do you track the response rates in plain text email? Do you just wait for people to act?

Michele

tomed

blacknight said:
Tom

That's a fair point, but how do you track the response rates in plain text email? Do you just wait for people to act?

Michele

Yes - I was only tracking responses - not click throughs etc.

Which is another point for the benefits of using HTML emails!!!

:)

louie

I don't think there is abeeter choice for that than html format.
saying that i noticed myself that html puts people off reading them, especially if they have xp who blocks images.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Groupmail can do both, as can a lot of the other software.

Supposedly people are more likely to concentrate on what you write in a plain text newsletter, but you can make it a lot more attractive if you use HTML.

Busarus

my four newsletters are all plain text and I have no real desire to change that..

this is an example

===================================================================
Archiseek CANADA
Architectural News

Architecture of Canada / Architecture du Canada - Canadian Architecture @ Archiseek.com

RSS Feed
Archiseek CANADA Architecture News

2006 News Archives
Canadian Architecture News - 2006 Archives

Onsite @ Archiseek.com Blog
Onsite @ Archiseek.com - Architecture, design and general thoughts from running Archiseek.com

November 14 2006 Vol 4. No. 131
Join the Canadian Discussion Forum
Canada - Archiseek Architecture Planning Discussion

Want to work in Ireland?
Irish Architecture Jobs

Green design: just what the doctor ordered
The Globe and Mail

Its south-facing wall will be wrapped in a giant curtain of glass to trap heat and light. Sensors will automatically turn off the lights in unused rooms. And the eight-storey building will be so energy efficient, the furnace won't go on until the outside temperature drops below -18 C. When the 360,000-square-foot Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute opens in Edmonton in the fall of 2007, it will be one of the smartest of Canada's smart buildings. In fact, it is poised to become the first Canadian hospital of its kind to achieve silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification. To be LEED-certified, a building earns points for design features that promote a healthy environment, reduce costs and prevent waste.

globeandmail.com : Register

Architectures photographiées
Archiseek.com

Le Centre d’exposition de l’Université de Montréal is presenting Architectures photographiées, a photographic journey of Marc Cramer, an exhibition that will run from November 16 to December 17, 2006. His work highlights eight recent projects created and constructed by Montreal-based architects. This photographic inquiry focuses on the production of four Québécois firms, namely Atelier Tag, Provencher Roy et associés, Saia Barbarese Topouzanov, and Saucier + Perrotte. These projects also involved the collaboration of other firms including: Beauchamp et Bourbeau, Desnoyers Mercure, Jodoin Lamarre Pratte, Menkes Shooner Dagenais Letourneux, and Tétreault Parent Languedoc.

Architectures photographiées - Canadian Architecture News

Registration (paid or free) may be required on some sites to read the original story. Some stories may expire after a few days.

If you would like to submit a piece on Canadian architecture - whether it be a feature or a polemic, please drop me an email at canada@archiseek.com. Subjects can be whatever you wish - illustrations or photo essays are acceptable too. Articles will be published in the news area, which means that they will be posted to the Archiseek CANADA mailinglist, which has over 1,000 subscribers. If you're working in a firm, please remember that we are always interested in media releases and proposal images.

zabbo

depends on the content of the newsletter, certain products can be better 'sold' with images.

I've used a number of methods and applications.

Groupmail works fine for ease of use.

gary.b

Definitely go for Pure Text.

Learn ASCII art :p

Code:
                                         _------Q--\
                                       /~           )
                                     <_____________/
                                     /  _   )))))))))
                []                 /        (((((((((
              |~~~|               (____/'   ))))))))))
              |   |                  )))))))))))))))))           |\
              |   |                 ((((((((((((((((((          / |
              |   |     /~~\----------/|  //       \           | _/
              |   |<===|  ===]        ||//     \    \____     //'
            //|   |     \__/~~~~~~~~~~|^       _--~~~    ~~~-//
           // |   |                   |       /   ()    ()  // )
          //  |   |                   |      |  ()       _-//-~
         //   |   |                  ((((((((| ()       (_//
        //    |   |                   |  :   |            ~~---_
       //     |   |                   |  |    \  ()       ()    )
      //      |   |                   |  |     ~--__        __-~
     //       |___|                   |  |         |~//~~~~~
    //        //  \\                 /  /          |//
   //        //     \\             (___(___________|  - jurcy -
  //      [==]       [==]

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.