Huge Google.ie jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

We jumped up 79 places in Google.ie and are now on the first page for our primary keyword. Secondary keyword jumped us up 11 places to first page too.

Is there a major google dance going on at the moment or just a monthly update?

Obviously we're delighted but we are very curious as to whats happened.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's definitely been an update, as I'm seeing referrals from Google for some of my .eu sites.

Caz

Google rolled out a new algorithum called Big Daddy some months ago. Many established websites saw a huge amount of pages drop out of the index altogether and some saw more positive side effects. Essentially Google was broken for a period.

From my own experience I know that Googlebot has been visiting our site like crazy although I don't see a real difference in our ranking (crap). That said I am now starting to see referrals from Google searches.

From what I can make out Google are still trying to "fix" themselves and are trying to re-index everything that they had lost. As this turns out it's great for new website owners.

It's also thought that truly rubbish sites that are totally MFA will not get indexed at all. However as Google needs publishers to advertise on whether or not this actually happens is debatable. C.

Status
Not open for further replies.