IE Developer Toolbar - Just like Firefox Firebug but for IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I'd post a link to this tool in case others were not aware of its existence. I have read several CSS books and loads of blogs and only just recently came across this toolbar.

I haven't used it just yet to troubleshoot IE CSS Bugs but I imagine it would be really really useful for finding problems with IE CSS rendering.

Download details: Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar

A quick note: Its not compatible with IE8 but I don't plan to upgrade to that browser for a long time if ever.

By the way while on the topic, has anyone discovered a reliable way to run IE6 on Windows Vista?

gav240z

I'm sure IE8 is a huge improvement but while IE6 and IE7 are still around I won't be upgrading. I'm sure it will be another 5 -6 years before we see IE6 7 properly phased out.

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware there is no way to have IE6 / 7 and 8 on the same machine at least not easily.

Solyad

IE8s developer toolbar is fantastic i have to say

Javascript debugger has been a life saver and the realtime css editing also.

Yes u could do quite a lot of that stuff in firebug, but wasn't so easy in IE which is still the defacto standard inside most large enterprises (or if thats too much of a sweeping generalisation, it is in ours anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.