.ie registeration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfire

I registered an .ie yesterday and today got this a reply from the IEDR
Entitled Acceptance - Application

"Thank you very much for your application for the registration of the domain name:domain.ie

This has been accepted, and the supplied nameserver information will be verified. If the nameservers are not fully configured a verification failure email will be sent to the email address of the listed technical contact.
"

What does this mean has it been accepted when will I be able to put my site up
This is my 1st time registering an .ie and I am confused

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
go to IE Domain Registry and put your domain into the box on the left and see what it says .. if it says registered then its all good ...

And you'll be able to update your hosting accordingly

basically checking the DNS in this case means checking to see that the company you registered it with has updated their name servers so that they can point it at whatever hosting you have / want :)

cgarvey

It's been accepted (so it's yours now), but is subject to a technical check before it goes live. That technical check is just to see if the DNS servers for that domain are set up properly. If you ordered the .ie domain and hosting from the same company, then they should look after all that for you (and it should already be set up properly).

This process is automated, so if it's all good (and it will be if you used a reliable provider for domain registration and hosting), it'll go live on the next "zone reload" which should be 10pm. If all's not well with the DNS setup, you'll get an email to say so (and off to whoever registered it for you to get further help/advice).

starfire

I registered the domain name with letshost
I am not planning to host it there however
I havent build the site yet but it should be up in a week or two

cgarvey

As far as I know, they'll have setup default DNS servers for you (which will point to their own "this domain has been reserved for a LetsHost customer" page) until you're ready to specify your own DNS servers for the domain (i.e. the DNS servers of whoever will host your domain).

If that's not the case, and I'm not positive on that, you'll get the "failed" email from IEDR tonight/tomorrow morning (and will need to contact Lets Host to rectify).

starfire

How long is all this meant to take
I havent received anything else from IEDR and it states that my application is pending?

starfire

Erm
When I type is my address it says the page doesnt exist
When I go to edit my DNS it says I cant edit it because the domain isnt active / fully registered

I really hate the IEDR

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Erm
When I type is my address it says the page doesnt exist
When I go to edit my DNS it says I cant edit it because the domain isnt active / fully registered

I really hate the IEDR
If your DNS is not setup correctly it's not the IEDR's fault

You can check if the dns you supplied is setup here:
Zone Check

starfire

Ok Thanks everyone
It got set up
I had to contact letshost and they sorted it
Its parked at the mo and I hope to have the site set up in the next week or two
My first .ie I am so happy

another question about .ie and CRO name
If I set up/buy a business name related to webdesign can I use that for all .ie purchases and the basis that I am a designer and need the name for a client

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If I set up/buy a business name related to webdesign can I use that for all .ie purchases and the basis that I am a designer and need the name for a client

NO

The domain has to be registered to the registrant (the client)

You CANNOT register your clients' domains to yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.