Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Dump the "under construction" image - it's very 1990s

Most sites are "living" / "under construction"

Your header is cluttered, so it's not easy to see whose site it is... I'd recommend reducing the amount of space for your partner sites and giving your own site more prominence. At the moment it's hard to see who is who

Navbar - Why are you using lowercase? It looks a bit odd
reviews - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - page title tag is far too short and undescriptive.
the text is overflowing the spaces and looks really odd on FF2 on Ubuntu (haven't tried on anything else)

" Powered by PHP, AJAX & mySQL. Site version 2.0.1" - does anyone using the site need to know that?

privacy policy - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - there are a couple of inconsistencies there. You might want to go over it again. For example you tell us to contact you at an address above - no address would appear to be present

ATV Offroad Fury 4 - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community the word is "details" not "detals"

GameCon 13 - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - capitalisation again. Friday has a capital "F"

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
site is all right ... but there are major grammar / spelling mistakes all over the place :( (and if I'm noticing them it must be bad as mine isn't up to much)

Didn't really look at the previous site so don't really know what to compare it to either.

The logo seems a bit ... hmmm strange as well ... not sure what its about

gav240z

Out of curiosity

Out of curiosity what CMS are you using?

TinyPortal?

I tend to agree with the others regarding logo and construction sign.

n3tFl0w

Its not bad but in your news articles can you break up the paragraphs? Its very difficult to read.

maybe make the font a little bigger...

Also, you may need to chnage the latest news section on the front page... it doesn't "feel" right.

ziycon

Thanks for all the feedback.
blacknight said:
Dump the "under construction" image - it's very 1990s

Most sites are "living" / "under construction"

Your header is cluttered, so it's not easy to see whose site it is... I'd recommend reducing the amount of space for your partner sites and giving your own site more prominence. At the moment it's hard to see who is who

Navbar - Why are you using lowercase? It looks a bit odd
reviews - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - page title tag is far too short and undescriptive.
the text is overflowing the spaces and looks really odd on FF2 on Ubuntu (haven't tried on anything else)

" Powered by PHP, AJAX & mySQL. Site version 2.0.1" - does anyone using the site need to know that?

privacy policy - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - there are a couple of inconsistencies there. You might want to go over it again. For example you tell us to contact you at an address above - no address would appear to be present

ATV Offroad Fury 4 - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community the word is "details" not "detals"

GameCon 13 - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community - capitalisation again. Friday has a capital "F"
Got rid of the UC image, looks very bare now. The header is going to stay like that until i sort out a proper affiliates section. I've fixed the navbar and the page titles to suit more, removed the useless info from the base, fixed the 'detals' error and sorted the capitalisation. Working on re-doing the PP and T&C's.

Forbairt said:
site is all right ... but there are major grammar / spelling mistakes all over the place :( (and if I'm noticing them it must be bad as mine isn't up to much)

Didn't really look at the previous site so don't really know what to compare it to either.

The logo seems a bit ... hmmm strange as well ... not sure what its about
Not great with logos myself, going to keep it till i sort something out!

garycocs said:
information in "LATEST NEWS" font is a bit funny?
How you mean funny? Out of place?

paul said:
releases - ign.ie - Iirsh Online Gaming Community
title seems a bit strange .... oh yeah, Irish is spelt wrong ;)

I think you need to work a little on the logo.
Nice spot, thats what four days of constant coding will make you do!:D

gav240z said:
Out of curiosity what CMS are you using?
TinyPortal?
I tend to agree with the others regarding logo and construction sign.
Custom made, from the ground up!

n3tFl0w said:
Its not bad but in your news articles can you break up the paragraphs? Its very difficult to read.

Also, you may need to chnage the latest news section on the front page... it doesn't "feel" right.
Working on the formatting of the articles, just copied them straight from the old DB and haven't had a chance to fix them, again, is the latest news out of place, colours wrong?

Thanks for all the feedback, its all been taken on board!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.