Image resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

Apart from ahem... "borrowing" images from other sites, does anyone have any recommedations for sites were you can purchase images (cheaply), something along the lines of IStockPhoto

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
They're the one we've been using for sprucing up our own site. Their prices are very reasonable and they have a good selection

RedCardinal

Apart from ahem... "borrowing" images from other sites, does anyone have any recommedations for sites were you can purchase images (cheaply), something along the lines of IStockPhoto

Here's a couple of nice free/cheap stock photo sites:

Free Royalty Free Stock Photography - Home *free (not sure on this one - can't rmember if I ever used it)

STOCKXPERT - Royalty free stock photography community *paid but cheap and some nice stuff

stock.xchng - the leading free stock photography site *free and some great images on here

Give them a try and report back on how you get on

dave

Yep, I think they are very reasonably priced and have a good selection.

Has anyone tried a community based image resource site before. Like flickr but clients pay for the images with a royaly going to the photographer?

dave

Has anyone tried a community based image resource site before. Like flickr but clients pay for the images with a royaly going to the photographer?

Never mind, I see the sites that rgh posted are something along those lines.

Thanks rgh, will report back.

fizzy

just to give this place a 3rd recommendation - you can find some really great photos here and more often than not they have no restrictions....

i find istockphoto really good too though - it's cheap as chips and it can be much quicker finding the quality ones there. Many keen photographers deliberately add interesting images for corporate sites there to make themselves a little bit of money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.