Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

Has anybody any experience? Is it hard?

I am building up my knowledge of PHP at the moment, but my skills are quite limited in that aspect. Is it a job I need a pro for, or is it one of those jobs i can do myself.

It's just that the budget that i'm working from, is extremely limited.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Your best bet will be to find another payment plugin that has been developed and hack it.

Have you contacted realex regarding it ? I know they've developed a number of plugins and it'd probably be in their own interest to develop one for it going forward.

nevf

Nah, they don't have a module available... Been in contact with the lads in the sales department of realex and I'll have a crack at it myself, otherwise it's the cheapest guy I can find that'll be doing the job... WorldPay have a module/extension, but meh...

shaneod

We could well be developing one in the next few weeks, which I'll make available for download on the Magento site, unless someone beats me to it, ... which would be great!

nevf

We could well be developing one in the next few weeks, which I'll make available for download on the Magento site, unless someone beats me to it, ... which would be great!

Well it certainly won't be me :)
What timeframes and prices would I be looking at here if I was to wait for you?

shaneod

Timeframe, hopefully in the next few weeks, will probably give it away in the spirit of OS. Just have to test the bejaysus out of magento with my client first to make sure he's happy with it as the solution to go with.

alias

Hey Guys,

I've just been informed that my client requires me to integrate with Realex for one of our Magento based projects, so if there is nothing available, which it looks like there isn't, I'll have to put a Realex Module together in the next couple of weeks. If anyone has also been researching Realex integration and has accumulated any information, links or Realex API documentation that may be of use, I would really appreciate if you could post it here. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I've just been informed that my client requires me to integrate with Realex for one of our Magento based projects, so if there is nothing available, which it looks like there isn't, I'll have to put a Realex Module together in the next couple of weeks. If anyone has also been researching Realex integration and has accumulated any information, links or Realex API documentation that may be of use, I would really appreciate if you could post it here. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.
Realex should be able to provide you / your client with all the API information

Forbairt

Hey Guys,

Cheers.

Realex should be able to provide you / your client with all the API information

Yep Realex documentation is pretty clear.

Its basically your standard enough payment gateway last time I checked.
(was it an md5 of your password phrase + amount + time of transaction that you send through) ...

You basically get all your form variables as normal only with an extra one which is the hash of all your values with your chosen private keyphrase / password.

There should be a module available for OSCommerce. I hacked one of these a year ago and its all pretty straight forward. I've not however done any modules for Magneto which I believe can be tricky so I'd assume easiest would be to hack one of the existing payment modules. They should mostly be the same.

If you just ask Realex for their documentation they'll happily send on all the API stuff ... I've an older version so no point sending that onto you.

alias

Cheers lads...

Just emailed their support requesting this info, hopefully get my hands on it soon.

Forbairt
I'll check out that OSCommerce one you mentioned, might be easily transferable. Thanks...

Forbairt

the main logic should be similar at any rate. though its not rocket science just a bit time consuming to get it all up and running. Let us know how you get on with Magento and creating a Module either way.

I'm hearing its a bit of a ***** to do though I've not played with it yet as I've only used paypal for payment processing.

alias

Forbairt said:
If you just ask Realex for their documentation they'll happily send on all the API stuff ...

Yeah you would think so! Emailed them this morning asking for this information. First thing they asked was had our client set up a contract with Realex? If so we will pass you on some login details for the resource centre... ? Very strange.

My response...
This is something that our client is looking at, but to be honest they don't want to setup a contract until we know if we can successfully create a Magento Module to integrate with Realex. In order for us to establish this, we need the Realex API Documentation and any other information you deem relevant. I don't imagine this Realex Module will be a major problem to develop, but since we don't have any previous experience with Realex and until we know more about what's involved from our perspective, we can't advise our client to choose Realex as a payment processing partner. Please let me know if you can provide me with the required information.

I'll wait and see if they get back to me with something.

nevf

It's an NDA they make you sign to give you a few days access to the developers area, isn't it?

jonathanforde

access

Hi,

If you want to send me an email at jonathan.forde@realexpayments.com I can send you a copy of our NDA, this will give you test access to the system and let you view our APi. For obvious reasons Realex can't pass out technical information without some form of agreement in place. Once you have viewed the system and done some initial testing I would be happy to speak with your cleint and discuss the various offerings available to them.

shaneod

Just a quick update, we haven't started developing this yet. If someone gets there before us then all the better! :D

StudioForty9

Magento Extension for Realex - released

Hi Guys,

For those of you who've subscribed to this thread. The announcement of the release of the Magento Extension for Realex Payments is here:

/e-commerce/7572-realex-payments-module-for-magento-released.html#post40056

Sorry about the cut and paste link... it seems I can't post URLs even to this site yet.

Ger

Status
Not open for further replies.