importing polish characted into mysql via phpmyadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsinfo

Hi guys quick question im trying to use the import function in phpmyadmin to import csv file into mysql. However I cant get the following characters in ł ż ś ń

I have tried changing the encoding of the excel file I have tried changing the encoding of the import but no dice. If i put them in manually its ok which means the encoding of the db is ok as is the encoding with the field but i get ?? instead of the characters. Any tips on how to avoid these problems

heres some info on platform being used:

Server version: 5.5.21
Protocol version: 10

MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Web server

Microsoft-IIS/7.5
MySQL client version: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 321634 $
PHP extension: mysqli

as always thanks again for your help

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What's the character encoding on the web server running phpmyadmin?
Can you use the command line tools in MySQL directly? (sorry - I don't have info about your exact setup) it sounds like a character encoding issue in one of elements..

swordsinfo

What's the character encoding on the web server running phpmyadmin?
Can you use the command line tools in MySQL directly? (sorry - I don't have info about your exact setup) it sounds like a character encoding issue in one of elements..

I can manually enter them in using the insert function so it seems the character encoding is ok - but the import route yelds the ?? characters using utf 8 in the import and also as the encoding in the csv file. I think maybe im not getting a true utf 8 from excel poss??

Thanks for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.