Installing a Web Mail Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

The hosting package I have at the moment does not have a webmail app installed on the server, i have full root access so it's up to me to install the app.

I was looking at Roundcube. It looks very nice. If anyone would care to recommend an alternative then fire away....

What would i need to do to install the web mail client and is it difficult to do? Is it just a case of opening up a ssh connection and running a install command?

dave

Uebimiau
UebiMiau.org

It may be too basic, but it is lightweight, only needs php installed.

I didn't install it on the server, but from the documentation it says that only 1 file needs to be modified to get it up and running.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Squirrelmail is simple and easy to use.

I'm currently looking for an alternative or mod that suppports mobile devices

Cormac

Both of those look pretty decent. I've used SquirrelMail before on BK hosting...

Does anyone know of a mail app which can easily cater for supporting a mailing list? Something with a tool to mass import an address book or thereabouts..

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A discussion list is where members are subscribed. They post to an address, such as list@yourdomain.ie and all subscribers receive a copy and can reply back to the list.

An announcement list is one way only and is more suited to newsletters or announcements

Cormac

as regards installing the app is it just a case of uploading the files to a directory and configuring some files and bobs your uncle or is there some nitty gritty configuration required?

Status
Not open for further replies.