irish based reseller with proper 24/7 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

i am in the market for reseller hosting - i am thinking of going with hawkhost in the US but am a bit concerned about some dot.com's that i host which are aimed at the irish market (SEO). I would go for irish hosting but in the few that i've hosted with in the past 27/7 seems to mean "if it can wait until monday/the morning then it will be left" which doesnt suit me at all .... maybe that was just me but can anyone advise me on company(s) that sell quality reseller with irish based servers that they have actually had support tickets answered out of hours on a regular basis.... (i want reseller but i might consider shared)

byronyasgur

i'm with blacknight (vps) as it is - but they dont do reseller - plus although they have good support it's not 24/7 I dont think - my support tickets ( just checked the last 10 or so ) show a distinct lack of activity between about 7pm and 10am and also weekends i think they only seem to deal with urgent stuff .... but to be fair i seem to remember that's what i was told when i signed up ( as opposed to my previous host to BK who promised "unrivaled support" but frankly ... didnt !! ) ... in any case i am ideally looking for reseller hosting with the same level support more or less all day every day

edit: by the way which package do you have with them ?

Wild Thing

24/7 support will be costly and I would never guarantee a client this type of support as a reseller because you are at the mercy of the hosting company no matter how good or bad they are. 8am to 8pm suffices for most clients

byronyasgur

yes point taken but still if was a global ecommerce shop, selling to multiple time zones, even a small outfit, the client would be ticked if they found their shop offline at 9pm and had to wait till 8am to get a bit of support, no ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
yes point taken but still if was a global ecommerce shop, selling to multiple time zones, even a small outfit, the client would be ticked if they found their shop offline at 9pm and had to wait till 8am to get a bit of support, no ?
If it was a global ecommerce site they should be using a dedicated server and not shared hosting :)

And we offer 24/7/365 telephone support to dedicated clients

ghost

Resellers

I have a Reseller account with United Hosting in the UK for about 5 years 24/7 online support , I have tested them , they are on the Ball . They also have a decent spam filtering system mailfoundry . Downside Space and Bandwidth are low . Also have regular accounts with BK and H365.

hosting365

If 24/7 really is important to you, you should look at a cloud solution or dedicated server from a firm that are 24/7/365 onsite with the servers and ready to help - but it's not cheap!

If you just need good support, and a control panel to provide shared hosting for your customers, check out www.dediserve.com

Wild Thing

If it was a global ecommerce site they should be using a dedicated server and not shared hosting :)

That just sums it up, very eliquently put

A lot of small ecommerce websites think they are gods gift but in essence they really are tinpot operations making a noise over nothing if their site is down for 5 minutes or more. Lets face it, every ecommerce site is worldwide if all the shipping zones and currencies are enabled.

byronyasgur

That just sums it up, very eliquently put

A lot of small ecommerce websites think they are gods gift but in essence they really are tinpot operations making a noise over nothing if their site is down for 5 minutes or more. Lets face it, every ecommerce site is worldwide if all the shipping zones and currencies are enabled.

... 5 minutes is not the problem .... down overnight/over weekend is all i am trying to avoid

.... a dedicated server for a small ecommerce site ?? .... i suppose it depends on what one terms "small" ..... but assuming there is no problem with small turnover site or startups etc then clearly a dedi is not for everybody .... and surely they could legitimatly expect their site to be on at the weekend ?

really i dont get the problem - did i say something - this is not the reaction i expected - thanks to all the legitimate responses - in many other countries there are lots of (good) hosts doing genuine 24/7 reseller

Wild Thing

I think my point is very legitimate, hosting like you are requesting costs. You pay for what you get and small ecommerce clients will not pay the type of fees involved. When they grow their business and stop being small ecommerce merchants they will realise hosting is critical to their business if it has to be a 24/7 solution with a managed solution.........hence the expense. A simple example if you look at a bricks and mortar shop located in a backstreet is only going to pay a low monthly rental, whereas the all singing all dancing shop on the high street with better facilities is going to pay many times more the monthly premium.

I am sorry if my last post hit a raw nerve but I speak as i see things openly and honestly.
I hope you find a reselling account and don't have to put it to the test to see what the service is like.

If you are selling ecommerce packages why not take on a dedicated server yourself running the like of plesk control panel and host on behalf of your clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.