Status
Not open for further replies.

nanotriffid

here's a few I put together (I havent actually got round to using all of them yet):

.COM & Other
Ireland Free Directory & business listings throughout Leinster, Munster, Connaught and Ulster. (hand edited and informative - takes a while but worth it)
Ireland Directory paid
Link Ireland - links to sites of Irish Interest: Main paid
Ireland - Irish Information Guide Web Directory login
Discover Ireland paid
Irish Information, Forums, Free Classified Ads, Find it Ireland Directory Free
classifieds.com]Ireland free classifieds Irish free business directories[/url]
Ireland Directory - Directory of websites and businesses in Ireland (spammy)
Ireland free business directory listing,free posting,submission,supplier,suppliers,buyer,seller,directories search,exporter,importer,supply,distributor,contact,web,website,email,tel,fax,address,trade information,marketplace,trader,company,companies free
Irish Blog Directory: Irish Blogs and Bloggers
Irish Blogs Directory
Web Directory Ireland login

IE DOMAINS
City Local Ireland Business Directory & Business Franchise Opportunities
LOCAL IRELAND
GimmeDat.ie, The Very Best of Irish Websites! Ireland's top Web Directory & Online Portal login
Bookmarks.ie: Store, share and tag your favourite links (spammy)
Search Ireland and Irish sites - Browse.ie login
Welcome to ilist.ie Ireland's Search and post Free Classified in Services , Vehicles , Musician , Community , Real Estate , Rentals , Merchandise , Coupons , Animals/Pets , Jobs and Gigs login
www.irishblogs.ie
I.T. Directory: Comprehensive listing of irish companies providing web design in ireland, irish domain names, web hosting in ireland and irish internet cafes
Ireland Directory - About Ireland | Travel | General Information free
Irish Search and Directory Ireland - Irish websites - Business Ireland login
Web Designer Ireland - Eden Web Design Ireland & UK. broken
Irish Ecommerce Directory - Online Shopping in Ireland free listings for online shops in Ireland
Irish Article Directory - Irish Web Directory broken for now
www.websearch.ie broken for now
Online Business Directory and Search Engine Ireland - WHATSWHAT.IE special listing costs extra
Business directory | Yalwa free business pages free

hope that helps

jmcc

I knew webdirectoryireland.com sounded familiar. :) I may even get around to building an Irish webdirectory or search engine this week.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

It is a fascinating list. A few of the directories have obscured WHOIS data (Domains by proxy etc). Another seems to be a Dmoz cookiecutter site. Some of them have had serious development work. Amazing to see that niceone.ie is still around (almost).

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

I *think* they've sort of re-invented themselves as a web development shop, or maybe they always were?
I think that initially it was going to be Ireland's version of Yahoo but the webdev stuff was being done in parallel.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

It used to be quite a nice (as were quite a few of the ones on that list)
It's amusing to see that someone grabbed Doras Web Directory Ireland Your Doorway to the Internet and have something running on it again
Seems to be better than the original. :) I was wondering who was going to grab it after local.ie dropped though I haven't being paying close attention to .ie drops. It should be interesting to see how Google handles the old linkjuice.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

Seems to be a new wannabe op: Welcome to Gateway Ireland
It is meant to unite/exploit the Irish diaspora and it will have pillars. The presentation videos are worth watching purely for their absolute lack of a clue. Apart from Fergus Burns of Nooked, their advisory board looks like the classic bunch of government approved committee joiners. The whole diaspora thing has been done before with globalirish.com, irishabroad.com, irishcentral.com etc.

These people really don't understand the web directory business or, indeed, the web's evolution. They haven't figured out what domain they are going to use and it was suggested on Twitter during the launch day on that they approach the Irish Times about the using ireland.com domain.

Regards...jmcc

neo27

Hi All
Probably getting into the "directory" game too late, but heres my attempt at setting up a Golf Directory, really am trying to set up a portal for everything golf in one place, directory, news and in the future a forum for users.
Golf Links Directory and Golf News from GreatGolfLinks - Home
Directory is free to add any golf related site, but €2.50 per month each for logo and/or pictures. Anyone can add a golf related site without having to log in, so if anyone has any good golf related resources online I'd love for them to add them here.

feedback would be very welcome.
thanks.

jmcc

Hi All
Probably getting into the "directory" game too late, but heres my attempt at setting up a Golf Directory, really am trying to set up a portal for everything golf in one place, directory, news and in the future a forum for users.
There seems to be a bit of identity confusion going on in that it looks more like a blog than a web directory. You have to emphasise the idea of it being a directory or at least a one stop shop. Also the news feeds at the top take up quite a bit of the screenspace that could easily be devoted to a 'latest links' type inset.

I don't know what kind of traffic the site is getting but it might be too early to try charging for logos and promotion. The best thing to do would be to ask golfers what they want to see and what would be most useful and most importantly, what kind of stuff they would be willing to pay for either as a subscription or one-off.

Regards...jmcc

ganly9

here's a few I put together (I havent actually got round to using all of them yet):

.COM & Other
Ireland Free Directory & business listings throughout Leinster, Munster, Connaught and Ulster. (hand edited and informative - takes a while but worth it)
Ireland Directory paid
Link Ireland - links to sites of Irish Interest: Main paid
Ireland - Irish Information Guide Web Directory login
Discover Ireland paid
Irish Information, Forums, Free Classified Ads, Find it Ireland Directory Free
classifieds.com]Ireland free classifieds Irish free business directories[/url]
Ireland Directory - Directory of websites and businesses in Ireland (spammy)
Ireland free business directory listing,free posting,submission,supplier,suppliers,buyer,seller,directories search,exporter,importer,supply,distributor,contact,web,website,email,tel,fax,address,trade information,marketplace,trader,company,companies free
Irish Blog Directory: Irish Blogs and Bloggers
Irish Blogs Directory
Web Directory Ireland login

IE DOMAINS
City Local Ireland Business Directory & Business Franchise Opportunities
LOCAL IRELAND
GimmeDat.ie, The Very Best of Irish Websites! Ireland's top Web Directory & Online Portal login
Bookmarks.ie: Store, share and tag your favourite links (spammy)
Search Ireland and Irish sites - Browse.ie login
Welcome to ilist.ie Ireland's Search and post Free Classified in Services , Vehicles , Musician , Community , Real Estate , Rentals , Merchandise , Coupons , Animals/Pets , Jobs and Gigs login
Irish Blogs - what Ireland is saying right now
I.T. Directory: Comprehensive listing of irish companies providing web design in ireland, irish domain names, web hosting in ireland and irish internet cafes
Ireland Directory - About Ireland | Travel | General Information free
Irish Search and Directory Ireland - Irish websites - Business Ireland login
Web Designer Ireland - Eden Web Design Ireland & UK. broken
Irish Ecommerce Directory - Online Shopping in Ireland free listings for online shops in Ireland
Irish Article Directory - Irish Web Directory broken for now
www.websearch.ie broken for now
Online Business Directory and Search Engine Ireland - WHATSWHAT.IE special listing costs extra
Business directory | Yalwa free business pages free

hope that helps

Good comprehensive list above. Going to give my own site a quick plug www.anythingineed.ie it's been online about 6 months and has 85,000+ listings throughout Ireland. The site is 100% free to use and for anyone to have their business or services listed on. I know it's not Google but you have to start somewhere!
BTW surprised nobody has mentioned yourlocal.ie on this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.